Old November 29th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ford sniffs the future... And the future is spelled "SYNC" it seems,not "HD."

Ford sniffs the future... And the future is spelled "SYNC" it seems,
not "HD."

Or so suggests this story from one reader:

Here is an update to your September 26, 2007 post on Ford offering HD
Radio as a dealer installed option in their new cars. I recently
purchased a new 2008 Ford Fusion and was interested in purchasing the
HD upgrade. When I took delivery of the car, I discovered that the
Ford SYNC option, which I did not order, is now "standard" and came
with the car at no charge. I then learned that if your Ford has the
SYNC feature, the HD Radio feature is NOT available to you. I would
have to disconnect SYNC to put in HD. Now let's see. What are the odds
that people will turn down FREE Microsoft Sync, which allows you to
talk through the car radio on your cell phone and speak the name of
your MP3 songs that you want to hear, to spend $300 or so to have an
HD Radio in their car?

http://www.hear2.com/2007/11/ford-sniffs-the.html

Well, da!
Old November 30th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC Crock -question is- What You Been Sniffing ?

On Nov 29, 11:19 pm, RHF wrote:
On Nov 29, 10:50 am, IBOCcrock wrote:

[...]

Ford Motor Company -in-sync- DOH !http://www.fordmuscle.com/blog/own-ford-for-695/112258

IBOC Crock -question is- What You Been Sniffing ?

$12K ~ $36K for and 'enclosure' {Car} for an Audio
System - AIN'T - "Free" Over-the-Air Radio ! ~ RHF

Sync takes advantage of cell phone and iPod/MP3 streaming - consumers
want convenience and portability, not oversisized, defective, and
problematic HD radios. Ford is dumping its unsold, dealer-installed HD
radios on the failing Jaguar and Volvo lines - no Sync in Volvos or
Jaguars. Sync is standard in all of Ford's premium models, which
constitute 40% of its sales - the other models have standard/optional
satrad. Ford used the HD Alliance for free advertising in exchange for
HD Radio - Ford ****ed them over by only offering HD Radio as a point-
of-sale, dealer-installed option, which no one opted for - even QVC
couldn't sell these ****ty, empty radios:

"Ford Gets More Sirius"

"Sirius Satellite Radio and Ford announced today that they are
targeting a 70% installation rate for the Ford and Mercury brand of
automobiles. Ford had previously announced that their Lincoln brand
was effectively at standard equipment. This commitment with the Ford
and Mercury brands is a substantial step for Sirius, as it brings Ford
up to a similar installation pace as Chrysler."

http://siriusbuzz.com/ford-gets-more-sirius.php

"Ford SYNC, HD Radio and the state of competition"

"Now here's the killer: Ford is making SYNC available as a factory-
installed option for just over $300. And for the top-end trim levels,
like the Focus SES, it'll be a standard feature. That's right...
standard. So if you have an iPod, or Zune (ha!), you can now control
it easily while you drive. If you have a cellphone that supports a
service like mSpot, or a phone that supports Pandora, you can now
listen to them in your car... easily. And this will have a ripple-
effect throughout all the other auto manufacturers as the platform is
licensed to GM, Honda and Toyota (this is Microsoft we're talking
about)..."

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/fo...mpetition.html

"Radio: Internet Radio or HD Radio. You choose!"

"Here's the choice - supplementary channels of varied audio quality
from the same radio chains that deliver today's unimaginative
terrestrial radio formats or worldwide radio of every imaginable
format and style where the passion is in the performance?... And, most
of all, who'll apologize for the time and money spent, the years the
radio industry bought into it, and the deceitfulness suffered because
of Ibiquity and the HD Radio Alliance's misguidance."

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/...blog-post.html

"Are Ford and HD Radio in Sync?"

"The radio industry will, of course, promote Ford for free in exchange
for this development as part of the presumably soon-to-expire pledge
of airtime to the HD radio effort."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/09/are-ford-and-hd.html

"iBiquity Digital Investor Information"

"iBiquity's investors are global leaders in the technology,
broadcasting, manufacturing, media and financial industries all
supporting the development and rollout of HD Radio broadcasting:
Leading Manufacturers include Ford Motor Company, Visteon
Corporation...."

http://www.ibiquity.com/about_us/investor_information

"Lincoln Mercury, Visteon and iBiquity to Showcase HD Radio?"

"Both Ford and Visteon have agreements with iBiquity Digital, the sole
developer and licenser of digital AM and FM radio in the United
States, with Visteon already developing HD Radio capable OEM receivers
for the 2004 model year."

http://www.ibiquity.com/press_room/n...eases/2002/100

"HD Radio-On-QVC Fiasco Thread"

"Did anybody here listen to Radio Racket last night? They reported on
QVC's September HD Radio fiasco. Total sales were only $30,000! They
said there were three different receivers at different prices, but
assuming the cheapest was $300, and that all of them were the cheapest
one, that would be only 200 units sold. QVC had to buy these turkeys,
so the loss is theirs. They're going to try to sell the others in
segments where they bunch a lot of items, instead of showcasing HD
again. After all, why would they/ a real dud. And QVC has no plans to
ask any HD advocates back for another appearance."

http://www.radioracket.yuku.com/topi...CONTINUED.html

"HD Radio and QVC -- looked good on paper"

"One final thing I noticed. Usually there's a countdown in the item
info bar. How many have sold, how many are left; that kind of thing.
That information was absent. At the end of the half hour I have no
idea how many of the three radios were available, nor how many sold.
And no one called in with a testimonial."

http://the-unmutual.blogspot.com/200...-on-paper.html

Ha! Ha! Eat it!
Old November 30th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

IBOCcrock wrote:
On Nov 29, 11:19 pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

What does this have to do with Shortwave Radio?
Old November 30th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/fo...d-the-state-of...

http://www.radioracket.yuku.com/topi...n-QVC-Fiasco-T...

http://the-unmutual,blogspot.com/200...vc-looked-good...

- - Ha! Ha! Eat it!

- What does this have to do with Shortwave Radio?

Brian - Good Question.

IBOC -clearly knows- Crock !
-but- He Don't Know Shortwave Radio.
-cause- If He Did He Would Write About It. ~ RHF