Old December 7th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Netherlands Jammed????

I was listening to Newsline on Radio Netherlands broadcast to
Western North America on 6165 at 05:00 UTC on December 7
(Thursday night here in Seattle) and it was pretty strange.

The subject was about the FARC in Columbia and the negotiations
about hostages with Chavez of Venezuela and Sarcozy (sp?) of France.

First, the audio kept dropping out for fairly long periods and
then what seemed to be a "diesel engine" style jammer started,
which quit a bit after they went on to the next story. (When
you get those audio dropouts, I always wonder if somebody is
doing a Denial of Service attack on the transmitter site's
Internet feed).

Do the FARC, or Venezuela, (or Cuba) actively jam based on content?
Did anybody else hear this?

Mark Zenier

Old December 7th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dear Mark,

Here in New Jersey that signal came in like a local with no
interruptions or anomalies whatsoever. It must have have been
something particular to your location.

Best,

Joe

Old December 8th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Joe Analssandrini wrote:

[...]

This would have been the third broadcast of the program to North America,
at Midnight, your time. Was this the broadcast you listened to?

Mark Zenier

Radio Havana being jammed? David Shortwave 10 October 2nd 06 04:26 AM
Radio Netherlands RadioGuy Shortwave 0 November 11th 04 10:12 PM
Where's Radio Netherlands Rob R. Shortwave 6 December 12th 03 02:41 AM
Iran Radio, VOA being jammed ? Nathans Shortwave 2 July 10th 03 09:52 PM