Old December 8th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
No Name

Default DX-440 Keeps Turning Itself on!

This radio has done this forever, and when we came home tonight, it
was on! I had the lock button locked, but it still came on. Can
anyone help me with this problem?
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

Old December 8th 07, 09:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 7, 9:12�pm, wrote:
This radio has done this forever, and when we came home tonight, it
was on! �I had the lock button locked, but it still came on. �Can
anyone help me with this problem?
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

"DX-440 Keeps Turning Itself on!"

That would be interesting to watch!
Old December 8th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
No Name

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 02:53:19 UTC, "John Sheatsley"
wrote:

wrote in message news:Pp7TT5WKBvRn-pn2-gOkzmFWOshr8@localhost...
This radio has done this forever, and when we came home tonight, it
was on! I had the lock button locked, but it still came on. Can
anyone help me with this problem?
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

Is it displaying 'STANDBY'? If so, then
you have it set to act as an alarm clock. It
won't sound an alarm; rather it will turn on
the radio.

To stop it from acting this way, press the 'Timer'
button on top of the radio so that 'STANDBY'
does not appear in the display.

Regards,
John

Thank you John, and Tony. It was showing standby mode and that must
be the problem. I also changed out the two AA batteries that control
the functions. Now everything seems OK.

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

Turning fiberglass Jimmie D Antenna 7 May 1st 07 11:49 PM
Could I be turning gay? N9OGL Policy 3 September 30th 06 11:17 PM
Could I be turning gay? N9OGL General 1 September 30th 06 02:04 AM
I am turning the asylum over to the inmates [email protected] Policy 0 October 26th 05 02:20 AM
I am turning the asylum over to the inmates [email protected] Shortwave 0 October 25th 05 08:20 PM