Old December 10th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Numbers Stations caught unencoded

Dear all

Do check out the following two Youtube videos of two numbers stations
(Australian and Swedish) sending apparently unencrypted messages.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7U-mlrCmQ

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XGrXD-WHDrE

Most peculiar!

cheers Peter
Old December 10th 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 9, 10:21 pm, Peter Berrett
wrote:
Dear all

Do check out the following two Youtube videos of two numbers stations
(Australian and Swedish) sending apparently unencrypted messages.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7U-mlrCmQ

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XGrXD-WHDrE

Most peculiar!

cheers Peter

It looks like you can't view these from the states. Do you have
another way to note these videos that is more generic?
Old December 10th 07, 07:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:
Dear all

Do check out the following two Youtube videos of two numbers stations
(Australian and Swedish) sending apparently unencrypted messages.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7U-mlrCmQ

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XGrXD-WHDrE

Most peculiar!

cheers Peter

- It looks like you can't view these from the states.
- Do you have another way to note these videos that
- is more generic?

Both OK here in Twain Harte, CA via SBC-Yahoo-DSL ~ RHF

try - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7U-mlrCmQ

Old December 10th 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

"Peter Berrett

Dear all

Do check out the following two Youtube videos of two numbers stations
(Australian and Swedish) sending apparently unencrypted messages.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7U-mlrCmQ

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XGrXD-WHDrE

Most peculiar!

Parody or fake.

I'm thinking it's fake!
That's just not the way it works.

Burr

Old December 10th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Burr wrote:

I'm thinking it's fake!
That's just not the way it works.

I'm not saying it's real, but it could be a simple code. Remember the
days when agents were to listen to news reports and if the third
item was about a specific subject, they were to proceed? See the
movie the "Fourth Protocol" for an example.

Since I could not see the receiver well enough to determine the mode,
it could have been the "go" or "abort" code for a deep cover agent
with no equipment. For example, if it were sent in AM a simple
pocket shortwave radio would do it.

It definately lacks sophistication, so I doubt it was a "secret agency"
that did it, but it could be an amateur operation or a drug dealer.

The whole "agent" thing may have been meaningless, the real message may
have been "kenny" (a location) and "vegemite sandwich" (a product).

Having grown up in the U.S. in the 1960's, I can remember many slang
terms for drugs, drug parephenalia and delivery that crept in to
the language to avoid intervention from the police and parents.

We've all become far too enamoured of the idea that every numbers station
is the Mossad (Israeli equivalent of the CIA/KGB). Someone once asked
me to help him monitor numbers stations from here in Jerusalem.

I decided not to, as being an Israeli citizen, if they were indeed
the Mossad, it would not be in my best interest to do so.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Old December 10th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 10, 1:21 am, Peter Berrett
wrote:
Dear all

Do check out the following two Youtube videos of two numbers stations
(Australian and Swedish) sending apparently unencrypted messages.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7U-mlrCmQ

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XGrXD-WHDrE

Most peculiar!

cheers Peter

Most peculiar is right. Unfortunately the information presented on on
home videos can be easily created. When I see an unusual occurence
purportedly documented on Youtube I am instantly suspicious. Absent
any supporting information I would give this video as much credibility
as a UFO sighting shown on Youtube.
Old December 10th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 10, 6:57 am, "Burr" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

"Peter Berrett

Dear all

Do check out the following two Youtube videos of two numbers stations
(Australian and Swedish) sending apparently unencrypted messages.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7U-mlrCmQ

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XGrXD-WHDrE

Most peculiar!

Parody or fake.

I'm thinking it's fake!
That's just not the way it works.

Burr- Hide quoted text -

Buuur, the porn-mister.... you SW-geeks don't really believe in the
CIA/NSA numbers stations! Oh God, I think I'm.....
Old December 11th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 10, 3:44 am, dxAce wrote:
"Peter Berrett

Dear all

Do check out the following two Youtube videos of two numbers stations
(Australian and Swedish) sending apparently unencrypted messages.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7U-mlrCmQ

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XGrXD-WHDrE

Most peculiar!

- Parody or fake.

-imho- P A R O D Y !

Old December 11th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 10, 3:44 am, dxAce wrote:
"Peter Berrett

Dear all

Do check out the following two Youtube videos of two numbers stations
(Australian and Swedish) sending apparently unencrypted messages.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Km7U-mlrCmQ

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XGrXD-WHDrE

Most peculiar!

- Parody or fake.

Maybe "SPOOF" would be a better Word to describe it.
http://www.answers.com/spoof&r=67
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?spoof

-ai- "Spoof Videos"
http://www.metacafe.com/tags/spoof/

Numbers stations diveman Shortwave 1 September 4th 07 03:22 AM
Article On Numbers Stations Mike Shortwave 0 December 30th 06 01:53 PM
SWL Numbers Stations dxAce Shortwave 3 May 18th 05 12:07 AM
Do numbers stations still exist? What number stations have beenfound via DX... N8KDV Shortwave 1 July 6th 03 08:01 PM
Do numbers stations still exist? What number stations have been found via DX... Simon Mason Shortwave 0 July 6th 03 04:49 PM