Old January 7th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.info

Default Seeking New FAQ/Intro Maintainers for rec.radio.shortwave

Posted-By: auto-faq 3.3.2 beta (PGPMoose V2.0, Perl 5.005)
Archive-name: radio/monitoring/recruitment
Revision: 1.1 2007/09/29 18:42:51
Posting-Frequency: posted monthly

Changes followed by "|".

The rec.radio.info newsgroup, first established in 1993, has been
recently revived by an active moderation team. We are currently seeking
suitable information, FAQ, and bulletin articles from the entire
rec.radio.* newsgroup hierarchy for simultanous cross-posting to our
newsgroup.

We are seeking replacement maintainers for the following information
bulletins formerly posted to rec.radio.shortwave (and currently archived
at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/monitoring/ ):

radio/monitoring/am-fm-dxing
Subject: Welcome to rec.radio.shortwave (AM/FM DXing)
Maintainer: (Scott Fybush)
Last Posted: 28 Jun 1996 00:09:51 GMT

radio/monitoring/introduction
Subject: Welcome to rec.radio.shortwave
Maintainer:
(Ralph Brandi)
Last Posted: 28 Jun 1996 00:09:38 GMT

radio/monitoring/shortwave-faq
Subject: Welcome to rec.radio.shortwave (Shortwave)
Maintainer:
(Ralph Brandi)
Last Posted: 28 Jun 1996 00:09:45 GMT

We are interested in offering any technical support necessary to get
these articles updated and automatically posted again at regular
intervals. This would include establishing contact with the original
maintainers for any necessary permissions. We would prefer to seek new,
dedicated maintainers at this time, rather than start auto-posting the
original articles ourselves.

For more information about our newsgroup, see:

http://www.panix.com/~rram/usenet/rri/index.html

Please direct any comments, questions, or criticisms to
.

Old January 7th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

URL:http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/monitoring/

[...]

Attention Everyone,

OK - I would nominate myself -but- in doing so . . .
I would automatically disqualify myself.

So would someone please Start a Draft "RHF" for the
Rec.Radio.Shortwave 'NetNazi' {Maintainer} Postion.

If Selected : I Promise To Do A Lousy Job.

impeach me if i don't - tic ~ RHF

It's not at all clear to me what being a "maintainer" amounts to here.
Doesn't sound at all like a "moderator".
Old January 8th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 05:53:31 -0800 (PST), Steve
wrote:

It's not at all clear to me what being a "maintainer" amounts to here.
Doesn't sound at all like a "moderator".

It wasn't in rec.radio,info either at first. Go try to post there now
and see what happens.

I wish these people would stick to their own group(s) and leave us in
rec.radio.shortwave alone.

JK

Old January 8th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 23:26:35 -0800 (PST), RHF
wrote:

Attention Everyone,

OK - I would nominate myself -but- in doing so . . .
I would automatically disqualify myself.

So would someone please Start a Draft "RHF" for the
Rec.Radio.Shortwave 'NetNazi' {Maintainer} Postion.

Won't be me. Not that I don't think an FAQ is a good idea, I just
don't want the rec.radio.info honchos running the show. This is
Usenet, not FidoNET.

JK

Old January 8th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:
Attention Everyone,

OK - I would nominate myself -but- in doing so . . .
I would automatically disqualify myself.

So would someone please Start a Draft "RHF" for the
Rec.Radio.Shortwave 'NetNazi' {Maintainer} Postion.

- Won't be me. Not that I don't think an FAQ is a good idea,
- I just don't want the rec.radio.info honchos running the show.
- This is Usenet, not FidoNET.
-
- JK
-

Well Google Me With A Spoon !

JK - Don't Get Your UseNet Connection All In A Waddle.

give this old dog a bone - bow wow - arf arf arf ~ RHF

Old January 8th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 6, 11:26*pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

-IF- Drafted, I Will Not Run ! [WTS] ~ RHF

Remember "ABbH" AnyBody but Hillary* in 2008 !
* Stay Out The Clintoons !