Old January 9th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default I am looking for a GOOD shortwave receiver

This receiver probably does not exist but here's what I am looking
for.

coverage from 500hz to 30mz with dual or triple conversion and
with a sensitively of 10mv capable of receiving AM, CW and SSB
and the capability of using batteries or a solar powered array.
Old January 9th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
mc mc is offline

If you meant 150 kHz (not 500 Hz) then the Sony ICF-2010 is pretty close to
what you want... it runs on 4.5 volts and the solar power supply becomes a
separate design problem.

If you actually meant 500 Hz, well, then, I'm not sure that's a *radio*...

Old January 9th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have an HP 3586B for sale if you are interested. It will receive below
500 KHz and above 30 MHz in the modes you desire, with the sensitivity
you desire. However it is a large and heavy instrument. Your solar
panels and batteries will be a bit large!

See below for more info.

http://bama.edebris.com/download/hp/...IDE%20V2.0.pdf

2. DESCRIPTION OF THE HP3586
2.1 General – For those not familiar with selective level meters they
can best be visualized as a receiver
having very high selectivity with a detector system capable of
accurately measuring low power signal
levels from +20dbm down to –100dbm and frequency over a wide range from
200Hz to 32MHz and. It
also will output a signal of 0dbm, one miliwatt, at exactly the same
frequency that the instrument is tuned
to, which is usually the center frequency of the selected receiver band
pass filter. It’s also a SSB receiver
to aid in tuning the signal to be measured. Because of these features a
selective level meter is extremely
valuable for measuring and the analysis of audio up through RF signals,
it’s a whole lab of instruments in
one package. Because of this it can be used to measure the performance
of electronic radio and RF
circuits, measure the strength and frequency of radio signals along with
driving other electronic devices
using it’s one miliwatt low distortion output signal as a low power
signal generator.

Above reference provided by N6PY.

---------------------------------------

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Old January 9th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
This receiver probably does not exist but here's what I am looking
for.

coverage from 500hz to 30mz with dual or triple conversion and
with a sensitively of 10mv capable of receiving AM, CW and SSB
and the capability of using batteries or a solar powered array.

Eton E1 at circuit city for $225.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California