RadioBanter

-   -   Mini Madness (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/129360-mini-madness.html)

keith January 13th 08 05:12 AM

Mini Madness

I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

I don't expect amazing DX from such a small, cheap radio; just a good
radio for the price.
Shortwave would be nice, but not essential.

Any thoughts welcome.

Keith

[email protected] January 13th 08 05:46 AM

Mini Madness

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 21:12:28 -0800 (PST), keith
wrote:

I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

I don't expect amazing DX from such a small, cheap radio; just a good
radio for the price.
Shortwave would be nice, but not essential.

Any thoughts welcome.

Keith

My suggestion is to use it buy a new edition of Passport.

Telamon January 13th 08 05:54 AM

Mini Madness

In article
,
keith wrote:

I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

I don't expect amazing DX from such a small, cheap radio; just a good
radio for the price.
Shortwave would be nice, but not essential.

Any thoughts welcome.

You could buy a book on antenna construction and basic theory.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF January 13th 08 06:16 AM

Mini Madness

On Jan 12, 9:12*pm, keith wrote:
I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

I don't expect amazing DX from such a small, cheap radio; just a good
radio for the price.
Shortwave would be nice, but not essential.

Any thoughts welcome.

Keith

Keith - Which One Does Not Matter. - JUST DO IT ! ~ RHF

harvey[_2_] January 13th 08 04:00 PM

Mini Madness

On Jan 13, 12:12 am, keith wrote:
I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

Degen DE1105 ( AM/ FM / SW )

http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1105.htm

Sangean DT-180V AM/FM/TV Band Pocket Radio