Old January 13th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Mini Madness

I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

I don't expect amazing DX from such a small, cheap radio; just a good
radio for the price.
Shortwave would be nice, but not essential.

Any thoughts welcome.

Keith
Old January 13th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 21:12:28 -0800 (PST), keith
wrote:

I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

I don't expect amazing DX from such a small, cheap radio; just a good
radio for the price.
Shortwave would be nice, but not essential.

Any thoughts welcome.

Keith

My suggestion is to use it buy a new edition of Passport.
Old January 13th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
keith wrote:

I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

I don't expect amazing DX from such a small, cheap radio; just a good
radio for the price.
Shortwave would be nice, but not essential.

Any thoughts welcome.

You could buy a book on antenna construction and basic theory.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 13th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 12, 9:12*pm, keith wrote:
I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

I don't expect amazing DX from such a small, cheap radio; just a good
radio for the price.
Shortwave would be nice, but not essential.

Any thoughts welcome.

Keith

Keith - Which One Does Not Matter. - JUST DO IT ! ~ RHF
Old January 13th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 13, 12:12 am, keith wrote:
I have a $30. Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Should I get:

1. A Grundig Mini 300;

2. Grundig Mini 100;

3. Kaito WRX 911;

4. Sony M37V (I already have an srf-59);

5. other?

Degen DE1105 ( AM/ FM / SW )

http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1105.htm

Sangean DT-180V AM/FM/TV Band Pocket Radio

AM IBOC Madness David Shortwave 5 May 2nd 06 12:04 AM
eBay madness! W4UDX Boatanchors 76 January 18th 05 06:48 PM
eBay madness! W4UDX Swap 45 December 31st 04 11:27 PM
eBay madness! W4UDX Boatanchors 0 December 30th 04 01:47 PM
WTB: Mini Products HQ-1 HF mini-quad antenna MGALUVR Swap 1 August 29th 03 12:29 PM