RadioBanter

-   -   Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/129845-radio-tanzania-zanzibar.html)

dxAce January 27th 08 06:01 PM

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar, 11735, English news via Spice-FM noted at 1800.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

MER January 28th 08 10:35 AM

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar

dxAce what kind of set-up are you using? I am in Ohio. Forgive the
stupid questions but what is "Spice-FM"

Thanks

dxAce[_2_] January 28th 08 01:31 PM

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar

MER wrote:

dxAce what kind of set-up are you using? I am in Ohio. Forgive the
stupid questions but what is "Spice-FM"

At the time I was using my work-hosre Drake R8 with a 200' W-E wire.

Spice FM is an English FM station. RTZ relays their news at 1800, but not every
day apparently.

Thanks

dxace1 January 28th 08 02:30 PM

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar

On Jan 27, 1:01 pm, dxAce wrote:
Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar, 11735, English news via Spice-FM noted at 1800.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Nice catch of the 1800 -- I have been unable to
get that one lately due to high noise levels here....
but a few months ago was able to...

dxAce[_2_] January 28th 08 02:41 PM

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar

dxace1 wrote:

On Jan 27, 1:01 pm, dxAce wrote:
Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar, 11735, English news via Spice-FM noted at 1800.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Nice catch of the 1800 -- I have been unable to
get that one lately due to high noise levels here....
but a few months ago was able to...

Propagation has been very poor for the 1800 English. As you know Dan, the signal
generally improves after that with some great music prior to their 2100 sign off, so
I'll mention that for the benefit of others.