Old February 4th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT Great Game

Burr wrote:

BUT, it should have been. I didn't care who won because my two teams didn't
make it BUT it was a good game.

I watched with out my glasses and now I can't see a thing, guess I'll take a
nap.

Burr

The score? 4000 to 1000000.

=======================================
As if to underscore that fact, more than 60 Iraqis were killed and
another 88 were wounded in a massive bomb blast in a market place in
Iraq three days ago. Nearly 600 Iraqis were killed in various bomb
blasts and other attacks in January 2008, raising the tally of Iraqi
civilians killed since the US invasion and occupation of Iraq began in
March 2003 to over one million. The latest round of violence in January
gives the lie to the Bush administration’s oft-repeated claim that the
so-called “surge” in the number of US troops in the country is working
and has reduced the incidents of violence.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=94483
Old February 4th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 04:30:09 GMT, m II wrote:

Burr wrote:

[...]

And this has what to do with the Superbowl?

Old February 4th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The score? 4000 to 1000000.

=======================================
As if to underscore that fact, more than 60 Iraqis were killed and
another 88 were wounded in a massive bomb blast in a market place in
Iraq three days ago. Nearly 600 Iraqis were killed in various bomb
blasts and other attacks in January 2008, raising the tally of Iraqi
civilians killed since the US invasion and occupation of Iraq began in
March 2003 to over one million. The latest round of violence in January
gives the lie to the Bush administration's oft-repeated claim that the
so-called "surge" in the number of US troops in the country is working
and has reduced the incidents of violence.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=94483

You can add 9 more innocent civilians to the score. The US "heroes"
just admitted to the crime an hour ago. More parades for the American
"heroes" are no doubt being planned as you read this. Truly pathetic.

By LAUREN FRAYER, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 16 minutes ago

BAGHDAD - The U.S. military said Monday that it accidentally killed
nine Iraqi civilians during an operation targeting al-Qaida in Iraq
south of Baghdad.

The civilians were killed Saturday near Iskandariyah, 30 miles south
of the Iraqi capital, U.S. Navy Lt. Patrick Evans told The Associated
Press. Three more civilians were wounded and taken to U.S. military
hospitals nearby, he said.

The incident and the events surrounding it are under investigation,
Evans said.

The killings occurred as U.S. forces pursued suspected al-Qaida in
Iraq militants in the area. Shortly after the incident, American
officers met with a Muslim sheik representing citizens in the area, he
said.

"We offer our condolences to the families of those who were killed in
this incident, and we mourn the loss of innocent civilian life," Evans
said in a statement e-mailed to the AP.

Saturday's strike was the deadliest known case of mistaken identity in
recent months.

In November, a leader of one of the so-called awakening councils --
Sunni tribesmen allied with American forces fighting to oust al-Qaida
from their hometowns -- said U.S. soldiers killed dozens of his
fighters during a 12-hour battle north of Baghdad.

The leader, Mansour Abid Salim of the Taji Awakening Council, accused
American troops of mistaking his men for militants. The U.S. military
admitted killing 25 men, but said they were insurgents operating "in
the target area" where al-Qaida was believed to be hiding.

The U.S. military investigated that incident, but the two versions of
events were never reconciled.

A month later, the U.S. military said its forces accidentally killed
two people during a raid in Baqouba, northeast of Baghdad, and that
one of them was later revealed to be an awakening council member.

Old February 4th 08, 07:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

-
- And this has what to do with the Superbowl?
-

For some of Our Great American Men and Women
in Uniform the Super Bowl is Shortwave Radio.

Superbowl XLII -by- Shortwave Radio
-via- American Forces Radio (AFN)
http://mt-shortwave.blogspot.com/200...ave-radio.html
Shortwave Central BLOG
Monitoring Times - Sunday, February 03, 2008

The New England Patriots will always be remembered
for Failing to Winning their Final Game.
The New England Patriots were : 1 Lose and 18 Wins
http://www.patriots.com/games/index....tails&eid=2994

The New York Giants will always be remembered for
Winning Their Final Game plus putting and an End
to the New England Patriots 'almost' Perfect Season.
* The New York Giants were : 14 Wins and 6 Loses
http://www.giants.com/gameday/schedule.html
Old February 5th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:09:46 GMT, m II wrote:

wrote:

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=94483

And this has what to do with the Superbowl?

Sorry..I didn't realize it was a Football related Newsgroup. It's
impolite to be off topic...

Anyone who has spent at least a couple hours reading this group has
learned that you are vehemently against the US actions in Iraq.
That's your prerogative and I don't care to air either our differences
or similarities here. What I find interesting is that you use almost
any posting to put your viewpoint forward. No, it's not a football
(or futbol) newsgroup; neither is it a political forum. You are no
better than those on this site with whom you exchange insults. In
fact, I see you as a larger annoyance as you keep alluding to having
some sense of moral superiority over them.

I am not going to ask you if you club baby seals, nor shall I call you
a dumbass Canuck. However, I do have one question.............

HOW'S YOUR MOMMA DOING THESE DAYS?

Old February 5th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What's with Kato?

Burr

Old February 5th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Burr" wrote in message

What's with Kato?

Burr

On the off chance you don't know who Kato is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kato_%2...reen_Hornet%29

The Shadow
Ask me about Margo Lane (:-) Not Lois

Old February 5th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 4, 6:53*pm, "The Shadow" wrote:
"Burr" wrote in message

What's with Kato?

Burr

-
- On the off chance you don't know who Kato is
-
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kato_%2...reen_Hornet%29
-
- The Shadow
- Ask me about Margo Lane (:-) Not Lois

The Shadow - Oops you have done and "RHF"
and Posted a Relpy for the 'Clueless' with a Link.

keep up the good work ) ~ RHF
Old February 5th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Feb 4, 6:53*pm, "The Shadow" wrote:
"Burr" wrote in message

What's with Kato?

Burr

-
- On the off chance you don't know who Kato is
-
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kato_%2...reen_Hornet%29
-
- The Shadow
- Ask me about Margo Lane (:-) Not Lois

The Shadow - Oops you have done and "RHF"
and Posted a Relpy for the 'Clueless' with a Link.

keep up the good work ) ~ RHF

Still don't get it do you? Well, that's the reason you are last weeks
winner. I would not rest on those laurels though as MWB is playing
catching up.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 5th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Burr wrote:

What's with Kato?

Kato?

That's ODD... I thought it sounded like that necrophiliac Beerbarrel.

OT Great Game barnegatdx Shortwave 3 February 6th 08 05:24 PM
Best game ever crimson blade CB 0 May 28th 05 05:44 AM
THE Game? U Know Who CB 16 November 19th 04 01:04 AM
FS: Lowe HF-225, great sound, 4 filters and great front end !!!!! Mike Maghakian Shortwave 0 December 2nd 03 10:57 PM
FS: Lowe HF-225, great sound, 4 filters and great front end !!!!! Mike Maghakian Swap 0 December 2nd 03 10:57 PM