Old February 8th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default On the BBC

I got an e-mail, in a web account that I checked during lunch, from
someone named Paul Waters who claimed to work for the Richard Bacon
Show on BBC Radio Five. They found my Web site (see below) and wanted
to include me in a discussion about Should Shakespeare be taught in
the high school. People are calling it dated and tedious. In the e-
mail he asked for my phone numbers. I e-mailed him right away. He
called me about three-thirty Pacific time which would be eleven-thirty
PM his time. He said they would call me in an hour to include me on
the show. They called me at about four-thirty. I told work what was
happening and they allowed me to use the conference room for the
call. I had to listen to a bunch of radio introduction and some
sports news about soccer and cricket, English clubs playing league
games of soccer around the world stirred controversy. Then the
Shakespeare in High School started. The first guest was some very Pro-
Shakespeare guy with an English accent I could hardly understand at
first but after a bit I could understand most of what they said but
then they started talking about different corners of the village they
call London/England and I was lost. The host asked me whether I
thought Shakespeare should be taught in High School. I said it should
be taught like Beowulf and the Canterbury Tales. I said he was too
much of a Royalist and we just watch kings declare war against cousins
for the stupidest reasons. Another guest talked about how her son
hated studying Shakespeare but when he saw a live performance he fell
in love. Another guest brought up Hamlet for some reason and I
followed his comment with To be or not to be is not the question. I
am here right now, what should I do? is the question and if Hamlet
asked that question he might have found a solution besides killing
people. They laughed at that comment. A little later one of the
guests brought up how current Shakespeare was for his time and I
commented that Science was the rage at the time and Shakespeare never
uses science. If Hamlet had used simple science he could have solved
his mystery and found a different solution. Then the guy started
talking about Shakespeare's later plays where he explores more
metaphysical sides of life. They started talking about who wrote
Shakespeare. Then the time was up and the host thanked each one of us
and signed off and someone came on the phone and thanked me. I was on
the BBC. I have to get that on my resume.

--
Sincerely from,
Jim R Feliciano

Hey!!! Buy My Book "The Guys" it's a fun Book.
http://www.publishamerica.com
Thank You!!!
Hey my site Take your sense of humor with you.
http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/...34/shake1.html