Old March 1st 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Coax Switching Boxes Opinions ?

Hello,

I would like to purchase an "inexpensive" simple, coax antenna switch for
occasionally switching two antennas into my scanner.

Freq. range up to about the scanners limit of 1.3 GHz

Receive only.

Looked at the Daiwa, and for the $ seems like the way to go, but I thought
I'd ask here first.
Any opinions on the Daiwa ?

Any others to consider also that aren't too expensive ?

Ace hardware has a coax switching box, I guess for TV's mainly, with
pushbuttons.
Think this would do the job for my scanner stuff, or probably just junk ?
It's really cheap at about $8

Thanks,
Bob

Old March 1st 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

I would like to purchase an "inexpensive" simple, coax antenna switch for
occasionally switching two antennas into my scanner.

Freq. range up to about the scanners limit of 1.3 GHz

Receive only.

Looked at the Daiwa, and for the $ seems like the way to go, but I thought
I'd ask here first.
Any opinions on the Daiwa ?

Any others to consider also that aren't too expensive ?

Ace hardware has a coax switching box, I guess for TV's mainly, with
pushbuttons.
Think this would do the job for my scanner stuff, or probably just junk ?
It's really cheap at about $8

Thanks,
Bob

Use a Cable TV A/B switch. It'll work fine. Scanners are way too
sensitive and the slight mismatch will help cure that a little.
Old March 1st 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

If you care about quality, I would get the Daiwa CS-201, for about $28.
Look at this link for user comments:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2521

You could also consider Alpha Delta, but they are quite expensive:

http://www.alphadeltacom.com/pg3.htm

For your purpose, I would choose the Daiwa for sure.

good luck !!

Jim

Old March 1st 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Robert11" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I would like to purchase an "inexpensive" simple, coax antenna switch for
occasionally switching two antennas into my scanner.

Freq. range up to about the scanners limit of 1.3 GHz

Receive only.

Looked at the Daiwa, and for the $ seems like the way to go, but I thought
I'd ask here first.
Any opinions on the Daiwa ?

Any others to consider also that aren't too expensive ?

Ace hardware has a coax switching box, I guess for TV's mainly, with
pushbuttons.
Think this would do the job for my scanner stuff, or probably just junk ?
It's really cheap at about $8

Thanks,
Bob

The Daiwa is good and guess what - for what you are doing the $8 will
be suitable also. If you alread have the antennas up and are feeding
with 50 ohm coax that has PL-259 fittings it will be easier to use the
Daiwa as you won't need to get 'F' to 'PL-259' adapters. If you are
just now installing the whole system I'd go with 75 ohm RG-6 quad
shield and 'F' fittings all the way and then use an 'F' to BNC or SMA
whichever your scanner uses.

Old March 2nd 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 1, 5:17*am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

I would like to purchase an "inexpensive" simple, coax antenna switch for
occasionally switching two antennas into my scanner.

Freq. range up to about the scanners limit of 1.3 GHz

Receive only.

Looked at the Daiwa, and for the $ seems like the way to go, but I thought
I'd ask here first.
Any opinions on the Daiwa ?

Any others to consider also that aren't too expensive ?

Ace hardware has a coax switching box, I guess for TV's mainly, with
pushbuttons.
Think this would do the job for my scanner stuff, or probably just junk ?
It's really cheap at about $8

Thanks,
Bob

Robert 11 - You may wish to Read these Messages :

The "Alpha Delta" - Delta 2 and Delta 4 Antenna Switches
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...acf7e10fb5e0f7
The 'design' {lay-out} of the Alpha-Delta Antenna Switch :
Having all the SO-239 Jacks on the same {Rear} Side
works better; when the Switch is laid on a Deck-Top
{Table Bench Top} with the rest of the Radio Gear;
and this Desk-Top position makes changing the Switch
very easy.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/switch/2415.html
Plus the Alpha Delta Antenna Switches have a built-in
'surge protector' using a D-4 Arc-Plug Cartridge {GDT}.

One Antenna and Two Radios = One Antenna Switch ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...3d96b7a4b7af4b
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...9cfa37f6fde0bf

Antenna Switches - What's In Your Radio Shack ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...3e12e98f1a6b8a
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...627b41260e7212

hope this helps ~ RHF
Old March 3rd 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
RHF wrote:

[...]

SNIP

Still to stupid to reference an article on Usenet and instead spam RRS
will google group references. Good job Troll.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Coax Switching Boxes (receive only) Robert11 Antenna 4 March 1st 08 05:26 PM
FS: Coax Connectors, Adapters & Bulk Coax Cable AAA RF Products Swap 1 December 20th 06 03:13 AM
QSK switching for HF Amp Dale Parfitt Homebrew 0 October 27th 06 02:07 PM
A/B Switching Win Antenna 5 July 22nd 06 04:28 PM
Shipping Boxes almost free (Dell PC and monitor boxes) DOUGLAS SNOWDEN Swap 0 September 25th 03 01:08 AM