Old March 2nd 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Finally some hard numbers on HD radio sales.

"Finally some hard numbers on HD radio sales."

I hope that was a cynical comment, KB! I'm sorry to disrupt Mr.
Struble's joyride in the sky - not that a mere 330,000 new HD radios
are worthy of celebration or even a Junior Achievement sales award -
but iBiquity is back to its all-to-typical truth-stretching. The
amusing little secret from WITHIN the consumer electronics business
is: The HD receiver population grew by well-under HALF what he claimed
[about 130,000]. So how does one construe that REALITY to juxtapose
Mr. Struble's "lap-dance" at a broadcast event? Well... We all know,
there are 200,000 folks out thar' in Raydeeo-Land who purchased an HD
radio and didn't even know it - now I'M being cynical, KB

Oh, I can hear it now... Cries of "foul", the lunatic fringe, and fond
memories of Manasota Key! Before The Three Stooges grab the other
half-dozen orange-clad pom-pom guys who promote HD at any cost here
and scream "prove it", I'll sensibly turn the tables and remind you
that it is more incumbent upon Mr. Struble to provide credible
references in regards to sales claims--and HE HASN'T! I gain nothing
by violating my employer's TOS in regards to public discussion by
presenting data destined for dismissal by those here who remain in
denial regardless!

Let's just consider the HD Radio resume for 2007...

--By year-end, there were about a HALF-DOZEN HD-capable receivers with
ANY notoriety and loosely-committed marketing efforts in broad-based
retail orbit [one model from Sony; TWO (whoopee) from Sangean; a
mobile unit from JVC; a boom-box wannabe (that really ISN'T since it
holds no batteries) from Radiosophy; The $600 Polk (last mass-market
sighting reported on that notorious shopping channel that managed to
move a mere 200 HD radios); and least I forget--the "impressive"
Insignia all-in-one credenza music system available at only ONE retail
chain. No doubt, the cadre of HD enthusiasts here will quickly reply
with a long and head-turning list of additional offerings - least they
recall my qualification of a viable marketing effort and general
retail availability... Most others remain virtual vapor-ware or are
clad in such marketing obscurity that anyone residing outside radio
industry geekdom has no idea of their presence.

--The original "HD Alpha"--the BA Receptor passed into "HD Heaven
[or...]", and the "Beta" model is naught. Boston Acoustics maintains
HD Radio on "permanent suspension" [that's a characterization from
WITHIN the BA building]... The same scenario awaited the first "common
man's HD" at RadioShack... Despite a web reference, the HD Accurian is
history [no new orders have been placed for it], and remaining stock
has made its way to the knee-level close-out shelf a few feet from a
store's rear "private" door where it sets UNCONNECTED alongside other
"stray" items.

--Several CEMs once-devoted to HD-by-2007 have declared their semi-
permanent disinterest. Tivoli Audio's Tom DeVesto is on the record:
"Terrestrial radio stations have to offer different content; and costs
have to come down, before the technology will fly in the market. HD
Radio adds cost with minimal return. Today's FM has higher fidelity
than HD Radio, [citing HD Radio's MP3 quality] HD Radio won't sound
better than a high-quality analog FM radio." Yamaha, once "onboard",
has quarantined HD Radio to ONLY its all-technology esoteric $5800
surround-sound AV receiver.

--Lastly, let us not forget HD Radio's opportunity to swing at "the
golden pitch" on the QVC Network last Fall... ALL of us remember the
hoopla... ALL of us remember the paltry 200 radios that sold [over
half RETURNED]... So does QVC! It was THE WORST performing half-hour
in that operation's history. Needless-to-say, HD hasn't been invited
back.

To the "sensible" here at R-I--ones not living a delusion or suffering
a case of corporate radio denial... IF sale of HD-capable units had
increased by 700-percent, do you really believe we would have
witnessed what I described in the previous three scenerios?

P.S. Sorry George... I tried to maintain my "strength" and adhere to
the "30-day moratorium"... I just couldn't let this one pass. Now,
I'll go back to my corner and try to be a good boy

http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index....html#msg701325

Do we subtract "trade" sales, returns, and giveaways to used car
dealerships and radio stations - perhaps so. Wow, a whopping 130,000.
Struble claimed 330,000 - ****ing lier.
Old March 3rd 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

IBOCcrock - Keep-Up the Good Work )

Very Good as long as it has : IBOC -or- HD Radio -or- iBiquity
in the Subject-Line : I do not have a problem with any Post
about the iBiquity Digital Corporation's IBOC Broadcast
Scheme for AM/FM "HD" {Digital} Radio in the USA.

newsgroups they are about content ~ RHF
Old March 3rd 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 3, 11:06�am, RHF wrote:
IBOCcrock - Keep-Up the Good Work )

Very Good as long as it has : IBOC -or- HD Radio -or- iBiquity
in the Subject-Line : I do not have a problem with any Post
about the iBiquity Digital Corporation's IBOC Broadcast
Scheme for AM/FM "HD" {Digital} Radio in the USA.

newsgroups they are about content ~ RHF
�.

http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index....701325.html#ms...

Do we subtract "trade" sales, returns, and giveaways to used car
dealerships and radio stations - perhaps so. Wow, a whopping 130,000.
Struble claimed 330,000 - ****ing lier.- Hide quoted text -

You are a kook.

Old March 4th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Finally some hard numbers on HF radio sales.

On Mar 3, 10:25 am, IBOCcrock wrote:

You are a kook.

LOL... When they sold the brains, RHF was a K-mart shopper..

RHF pondered and scribbled:

i know it sounds crazy -but- yes i am that kooky ~ RHF

I won't argue this statement.
You should "click and paste" this to every post you clutter
rec.radio.shortwave with..

Old March 4th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

-
- LOL... When they sold the brains, RHF was a K-mart shopper..
-
RHF pondered and scribbled:
i know it sounds crazy -but- yes i am that kooky ~ RHF

I won't argue this statement.
You should "click and paste" this to every post you clutter
rec.radio.shortwave with..

Meaning No Disk... Respect -but- It looks Like . . .

Oh No Not Another Blue Light Special ! ~ RHF