Old March 4th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Been thinking about HD radio again

Rfburns wrote:

Been thinking about HD radio again and decided why the comparison of
iBiquity's hybrid digital system to FM makes me feel a little uneasy.
Kind-a like when you eat too many sugary donuts at one time and then
feel the need to go to the bathroom real fast.

At the time, Edwin Armstrong's FM was a new and very usable technology
that didn't displace or replace any current system. Nobody lost
anything. You could buy it or not, it was your choice. The
comparison by iBiquity and other HD apologists is misleading and
nothing more than a sales pitch.

Armstrong must be turning over in his grave. He was a real engineer.
To place Struble or iBiquity with Armstrong's achievement is self-
serving Struble you should be ashamed of yourself - Armstrong your
not. There, I went to the bathroom.

It is said DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale) will be extended up to 120MHz to
cover FM and will be broadcasted on FM subcarriers as bonus digital content
(in an empty space just above RDS). It is more comfortable for broadcasters
because is license free and already well tested on shortwave. For us
listeners is also good because we already have free dream decoding
software. Now we do IF465kHz to 12kHz coverter to decode shortwave. Then
will will do IF10,7MHz to 12kHz coverter to decode it on FM.

I hope EU will choose DRM instead of HD-Radio. Everyone will save money.

--
is spammer

Old March 4th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 4, 2:58�pm, "
wrote:
Rfburns wrote:
[...]

is spammer- Hide quoted text -

All that I can tell you is that digital radio is failing everywhe

http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/200...-be-heard.html