Old March 8th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Shortwave Great in Manhattan

So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. Great!
Old March 8th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Actually,propagation was not quite normal last night. It has improved
gradually in the last 24 hours.Do you use AC adapter or batteries? I
stopped using AC a while ago due to very loud interference on pwer lines
here in NYC. Current receiver in operation is Palstar R30cc +RF
Systems MLB +20 ft random wire.

Old March 8th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default A Great Traveler's {Take-Alone} Travel Radio "Combo" for theShortwave Radio Listener (SWL)

Batteries only! It is a great combo.
Old March 8th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

tom k in L.A. wrote:
So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. Great!

New York City is within range of European stations; not to mention
Caribbean relays and Sackville. In Los Angeles, we have our best
shortwave listening in the early morning (local) when Asia comes in from
the West. What those pinheads at WRTH call shortwave primetime is very
disappointing out west.
Old March 8th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 10:04 pm, "tom k in L.A." wrote:
So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. Great!

You can probably get the best accessible reception either out on the
piers near the 72nd street boat basin;
or the Trump Pier slightly south of that;

- nice little cafe up at 72nd st. Boat basin, BTW; open if the
temperatures above 60.

or out in the parks..

Central park is probably OK to go into at night ( IN A GROUP ! ! ! )
onto The Great Lawn
near the Metropolitan Museum ,
but you can pick up some faint signals in the early A.M.even just
walking down the east / west streets with a portable,
listening on headphones or ear buds

For a city, reception just ain't all that bad in NYC

Old March 9th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dave wrote:

tom k in L.A. wrote:
So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. Great!

New York City is within range of European stations; not to mention
Caribbean relays and Sackville. In Los Angeles, we have our best
shortwave listening in the early morning (local) when Asia comes in from
the West. What those pinheads at WRTH call shortwave primetime is very
disappointing out west.

East coast and central USA are directly targeted by Europe and those
signals are much weaker in the Western USA. West coast does better with
Australia and New Zealand and other Pacific rim countries. I also do
well here with central, south American, and Caribbean stations.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 9th 08, 08:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 8, 9:26*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

*dave wrote:
tom k in L.A. wrote:
So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! *Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. *Great!

New York City is within range of European stations; *not to mention
Caribbean relays and Sackville. *In Los Angeles, we have our best
shortwave listening in the early morning (local) when Asia comes in from
the West. *What those pinheads at WRTH call shortwave primetime is very
disappointing out west.

- East coast and central USA are directly targeted
- by Europe and those signals are much weaker in
- the Western USA.

Telamon - That is True. ~ RHF

The International Shortwave Broadcasters target their
broadcasts to where the know the 'potential' Radio
Listeners are.

USA Population Density Map by County
http://www.geolytics.com/images/lf-map.gif
http://maps.unomaha.edu/Peterson/fun.../USpop1990.gif
East of the Mississippi River is where most of the People are.
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/usa...tates/msbw.GIF
Old March 11th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Mar 8, 9:26*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

*dave wrote:
tom k in L.A. wrote:
So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! *Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. *Great!

New York City is within range of European stations; *not to mention
Caribbean relays and Sackville. *In Los Angeles, we have our best
shortwave listening in the early morning (local) when Asia comes in from
the West. *What those pinheads at WRTH call shortwave primetime is very
disappointing out west.

- East coast and central USA are directly targeted
- by Europe and those signals are much weaker in
- the Western USA.

Telamon - That is True. ~ RHF

SNIP

I don't need you to confirm what I post. Get lost.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 11th 08, 10:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PONG : Shortwave Great in Manhattan

On Mar 10, 6:32*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

*RHF wrote:
On Mar 8, 9:26*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

-
- I don't need you to confirm what I post. Get lost.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California
-

Telamon,

Everytime I "Get-Lost" : You Go Out of Your Way to Find-Me
and Bring Me Back into to this Game of Newsgroup Ping-Pong.

~ RHF
Old March 11th 08, 11:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 11:04 pm, "tom k in L.A." wrote:
So I've been in Manhattan for 2 weeks and I'm very pleased (and
surprised) to say that the shortwave is great compared to what I
receive in L.A.! Using Sony ICF-7600gr and Sony AN-LP1 in window.
Russia loud and clear, BBC Caribbean and Africa, Radio Prague, China
Radio International, etc. etc. Great!

Picking up radio Australia on 9.580 at 7:44 DST ( 11:46 A.M. UTC)
here in NY . .
Strong strong signal;

discussion of giving Guns & pepper spray to Australian Policemen.