Old March 29th 08, 01:20 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

Default Jim Cramer Why Radio is dead.

On Mar 28, 4:01*pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Robert Cohen" wrote in message

On Mar 20, 9:33 pm, "Scooter" wrote:
Terrestrial radio's biggest problem is retaining advertising revenues as
more ad dollars are siphoned by the internet. In 2007 total ad dollars
for
radio fell to where they were in 2003. That point to an industry going
backwards, not forward, Cramer said.
The average market cap of terrestrial radio companies has declined by a
staggering 80% over the last five years. But the bottom isn't even in
yet,
as far as Cramer can tell
Either way, the bottom line remains the same. Cramer expects the
terrestrial
radio companies to go down harder than almost anything else and he would
not
own any of them under any condition right now.

Here's the video - http://www.cnbc.com/id/23558686/from/ET/

That's what the stock market seems to be intimating: Some of the
notable chains are going for under $5 a share.

Share price does not indicate value. A share of one company that goes for
$80 is no better a buy than one that sells for $5 if the earnings per share
and other fundamentals are in proportion to the stock price. Many companies
do stock splits when shares go up in price, in fact.- Hide quoted text -

I agree with your point.

Here is problem/opportunity (imho)

Some fiduciary "conservative" funds are not allowed by charter to buy
anything under $5, and "reverse splits" in "cheap" penny stocks
sometimes happen for this reason.

NYSE, New York Stock Exchange, under $2 stocks aren't publicized/
listed in daily highlight/lowlight reports of many newspapers.

Of course they are all over the internet

NASDAQ exchange is seemingly somewhat similar

Caveat penny stocks players, because there seems to be somewhat more
manipulating, cheating, scalping, pumping-dumping, chicanery-trickery
with "cheapos" than with the "high priced"

I see Citadel, Radio One, the Spanish radio chain, Westwood etal are
under $5.

You, say in the sales departments of stations that are nevertheless
seemingly doing nicely, are encouraged to post your experieces and
perceptions.

Is now the time to load-up, and/or is your industry dying, as the
movie industry was thought to be in the 1950s because of television

These are blunt, flawed ideas and I apologize to any offended: your
corrections & opposing ideas are encouraged
Old April 5th 08, 10:12 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.commercial-hit-radio,alt.radio,alt.radio.broadcasting.open

Default Moive Industry Thrives/ Jim Cramer Why Radio is dead.

The movie industry thrives because movie goers still must walk into a
theater to view the latest block buster movie! Yes you can sit back and wait
a few months to watch the release on DVD or HBO or such services. But people
still view going out to the movies as entertainment and will pay the price
for admission to see the latest release from Hollywood. Also producers know
to keep people interested their products must wow customers! And their
content must be better than good!

When a new song is released I can hear the artist anyplace. I can buy the CD
from any store or download it from the Internet. Music and the content of
radio is now available everywhere. The Internet, satellite radio, cell
phones Am/FM HD 1 & 2 and wireless Internet access. with more gadgets to
follow I'm sure. And with the exception of a few rare shows or personalities
most radio stations sound the same. And forgive but where's the wow factor
for HD radio? This is their big release! their big hit! HD is radio's future
and what we have is more of the same but it sounds a little better. You
can't even walk into Best Buy and hear a dozen or so great sounding
stations. You're lucky if you can receive one. I'm not wowed... I'm curious
but not wowed to part with $200.00 or more! Maybe $29.99 but not $200.00
They just don't get it. I've listened to a few Clear Channel HD stations
online.. The comedy channel is different. The music stations sound like
everything else. They're not investing in personalites or marekting their
stations.. Do people still want to listen to fun creative radio
personalites? maybe not.

Radio revenues have been flat for years. 1% growth is no growth. And
recently revenues have gone backward. It means advertisers have lost
confidence and are spending their resources elsewhere. Googles point and
click is affordable and advertisers can track their response. Other
advertising forms are still healthy and growing Internet revenues are now
outpacing radio! Radio is a mature industry and has hit the ceiling. Radio
needs to innovate and recreate it self. Doing the same old thing won't work
anymore. They'd be better off giving their HD stations to interns and
college kids they'd come up with fresh new ideas! Steve Jobs builds better
mouse traps and it takes maverick like thinking to cut through the bull and
get the job done.