Old March 24th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sunpot Cycle 24 Truly Underway... Two Good Groups Of Spots

Cato wrote:

Unlike the last couple of tiny insignificant spots that only lasted
a day.. we now have couple of good groups of sunspots on the Sun ...
not just the little tiny ones like before (i.e..... beginning of
January).. but at least two good groups visible...and perhaps more
will appear as the sun spins on its axis.
Good news for shortwave propogation.

We are into Cycle 24 for sure. Where we might have had doubts with
the last couple of really little spots that only lasted a day.... now
we need doubt no longer...

Is your unquoted source sure these are from cycle 24; i.e., do they have
the reversed magnetic polarity of Cycle 24 spots or the polarity of
Cycle 23? Spots, per se, are not an indicator of the new cycle. A new
cycle is determined by the reversed polarity of the 'new' spots...

from NASA:

... long known that sunspot magnetic fields reverse polarity from cycle to cycle. ...