Old April 1st 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 900 kHz Image Problem with the Longwave Bands even on a GrundigG5 receiver

Pete KE9OA wrote:
You NEVER choose a 3rd order product as the desired signal. You choose
either the upper sideband or the lower sideband output of the
mixer.........the undesired sideband is commonly called the image. 3rd order
products are a different story......it is not a matter of semantics in this
case.

Pete

It's quite possible I misunderstood that term, as I am a retard. There
is the 3rd harmonic which is the fundamental X 3. I know that has no
relevance. There are sum and difference products, i.e. 600 + 700 =
1,300, 700 - 600 = 100. Then there is 500 and 800. I take it 500 and
800, 1900 and 2000 are what are called 3rd order products, as they are
the 3rd step in the calcs.

Even though I may stumble on vocabulary I understand enough of the
science to use some very sophisticated software very well. I can
reverse engineer a clam and find who to move and/or where I need to put
a 4 pole tuned cavity to make a coordination happen, and people do what
I say.

That's the main thing; I'm a retard and I have authority. I love
this country (and I don't top-post).