Old April 1st 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Canada Seal Hunt Interrupted By Deadly Boat Accident

"Yes I am a vegetarian, don't hunt, wear faux leather"

Faux????? is that pronounced like "fox" or is that some
Frenchy word???? (Yes, I actually know the word)

If you mean "fake" or "phoney" then say it. Don't like the
English words? Or are you tyrying to impress us with your
intellectual snobby knowledge of the French language?
Yes... thought so....
Old April 1st 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Just to let you know.. I like the U.S. and feel at home when I am
there. I like the American people in general, except for the odd
idiot or criminal. We have such idiots and criminals in Canada also.

But I don't let idiots or criminals make me dislike the people of
America or the U.S. as a whole.

I may insult someone as an individual if they have pushed me too
far. I may go to far myself in response to them.
But I will never insult America, or Americans in general, or the
principles on which the United States was founded.

I will have to put up with others that like to insult countries, and
citizens of other countries, and their way of life.
If I go to far in response, then you have my apologies.

Cato

Old April 1st 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Have y'all checked out that sticker/decal on y'alls vehicle(s) lately?
Chances are it was made/assembled in Canada.The 1986 Ford LTD car (I
used to call it my Pimpmobile) I used to own was made/assembled in
Canada.My sister's Honda SUV was made/assembled in Canada.
cuhulin

Old April 12th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:13:25 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

snip

Now do you see why you are called CANADUH?

Just out of curiousity, which country do you live in that treats animals
and the environment with so much reverence that you can afford to look down
on Canada?

Old April 12th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:00:02 -0700 (PDT), Cato wrote:

On Mar 31, 7:39 pm, Primax wrote:

snip

I am NOT cheering at those who died, any human lose is bad, but no one
gives a **** when men club seals to death do they.
There must be better way, a bullet is faster than any club or will that
take the fun out of it.

--
Lets all stop killing each other
Lets all live in peace.- Hide quoted text -

They actually do use rifles mostly. If you studied it you would know
that... not listening to leftwing activists that want us all to become
vegetarians.
Sealers in the Magdelen Islands (Gulf of St. Lawrence) and on Quebec's
Lower North Shore, where about 30 per cent of the hunt occurs, use
both rifles and hakapiks. Sealers on the ice floes on the Front (in
the waters east of Newfoundland), where 70 per cent of the hunt
occurs, primarily use rifles. A hakapik is an efficient tool designed
to kill the animal quickly and humanely.

As far as the clubs go....do you know what kind of club it
is? How it is used?

It a special type of club called a hakapik. Although it is often
claimed that the hakapik is an inhumane hunting tool, it is favored by
sealers because it allows them to kill the seal without damaging the
pelt. Also, with a rifle the sealer runs the risk of hurting, but not
killing the seal, causing them to flee, wounded, back into the ocean
to die slowly. Further, studies by American veterinary scientists on
the use of the Hakapik on the seal hunt carried out on Pribilof
Islands of Alaska suggested that it is an efficient tool designed to
kill the animal quickly and humanely when used correctly. A report by
members of the Canadian Medical Veterinary Association in September
2002 corroborated this claim.

According to recent studies done by the Canadian Veterinary Medical
Association (CVMA), the hakapik, when used properly, kills the animal
quickly and painlessly. Several American studies carried out from
1969-1972 in the Pribilof Islands of Alaska came to the same
conclusion. The Royal Commission on Seals and Sealing in Canada, also
known as the Malouf Commission, claims that properly performed
clubbing is at least as humane as the methods used in commercial
slaughterhouses, and according to the Department of Fisheries and
Oceans Canada (DFO), these studies "have consistently proven that the
club or hakapik is an efficient tool designed to kill the animal
quickly and humanely."

Wow Cato, thanks for the informative post! You've obviously done your
homework.