Old April 5th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Pic of my BCL 3000

http://piurl.com/NF

I just got my digital camera not too long ago, and I couldn't resist posting
a pic of my BCL 3000 radio.

Please control your flames!

Old April 7th 08, 07:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 5, 6:05*pm, "homepc" wrote:
http://piurl.com/NF

I just got my digital camera not too long ago, and I couldn't resist posting
a pic of my BCL 3000 radio.

Please control your flames!

Sharp looking setup IMO- cool looking loop. :-)
Old April 7th 08, 08:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Apr 6, 8:46*am, "homepc" wrote:
- As I wrote in my previous post, I figure it works much the
- same as the Select-a-tenna or the Terk AM Advantage.
-*Before I purchased it I posted to several groups asking
- about it's performance but no one could advise me either way.
-*Radiointel had a brief reference or ad mentioning the maker
- PK a long while back on their web site, but that was it.
-*They reviewed the SAT and TERK loop antennas as a close
- match.
-
- I did have an opportunity to try a beta version Degen TG33
- AM active loop AM antenna but it was a terrible disappointment.
-*The TG39 model got a glowing review from Radiointel but it's
- performance was rated the same as the SAT and TERK.
-
- The price for me in Canada at the time I purchased my
- PK loop antenna was about par with my other two choices.
-*I like it because its really sturdy, compact, and not solid
- like the SAT. *No batteries or wires to play around with is a
- plus! *As far as performance goes, it works well at picking up
- radio stations south of the border that I could normally only
- pickup with my car radio in favorable conditions. *At night it's
- good at filtering out adjacent signals and electronic noise
- from my home.
-
- I do wish someone could do a side by side comparison.
-*If there was a better offering in the same price range I
- would be interested in getting another one in the future.
-
* * * 3-Star Snip * * *

Home PC,

Most of these 'small' compact Passive AM/MW Loop Antennas
can be grouped into the Range of 10"~12" Diameter :
http://www.frontiernet.net/~jadale/Loop.htm
* Select-A-Tenna Model 541-M
http://www.selectatenna.com/
Terk AM Advantage
http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/am-an...advantage.aspx
RadioShack AM Loop Antenna
Unless they are made badly they will all have the same
general performance simply do to their 'relative' Size.
http://www.mindspring.com/~loop_antenna/

READ - Two Popular AM/MW Loop Antennas
Select-A-Tenna vs. Terk AM Advantage
-hosted on- RadioIntel -written by- Jay Allen
http://www.radiointel.com/review-2loop.htm

FWIW - At one time there used-to-be a website that showed
the 'relative merit' of AM/MW Ferrite Rod Antennas -versus-
AM/MW Air-Core Loop Antennas :
Sort of like 8" Ferrite Rod ~ 12" Air-Core Loop
-but- I have not been able to locate it in several years.
? Anyone know of that website or one like it ?

Anyway the 'next' Sizing Range where you will 'see' Hear
{Feel} a Significant Improvement in an AM/MW Air-Core
Loop Antenna over the smaller-compact 10"~12" size is
in the Range of 22"~ 26" in Diameter. The Edek 26"
AM/MW Loop Antenna is a Good Example of one of
these 'larger' Air-Core Loop Antennas.
http://www.radiointel.com/review-edek.htm

For a 'real' Improvement in the performance of an AM/MW
Air-Core Loop Antenna over the smaller-compact 10"~12"
size : The One Metre {One Yard ~ 3-Feet ~ 36"} Diameter
Air-Core Loop Antenna seams to produce the 'results' that
most Loop Antenna users say are a real advantage in
AM/MW DXing with an Indoor Antenna.
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...op/1mloop.html

Anything Bigger than that; say in the Six Foot to Nine Foot
Diameter usually means that the Loop Element needs to be
located Outside and requires a Rotor to Position the Loop
Antenna 'remotely'.

iane ~ RHF
Old April 8th 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Apr 7, 6:42*pm, m II wrote:
RHF wrote:
Unless they are made badly they will all have the same
general performance simply do to their 'relative' Size.

Due do dew doodoo

mike

Mike - Do the Dew ! ~ RHF

AOR 3000 Paul[_4_] Scanner 1 November 5th 08 05:17 AM
XTS 3000 F/S [email protected] Swap 0 June 18th 06 01:24 PM
[FS] Scanner AOR 3000 A Viajero impertérrito Scanner 0 August 23rd 04 03:46 PM
Hallicrafter WR-3000 Irv Finkleman Boatanchors 0 June 5th 04 06:44 PM
FS FT-3000 Tom Swap 0 December 8th 03 03:26 AM