Old April 12th 08, 07:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is there any type of radio that can pick up really far off regularchannels?

There are several radio stations around the country that I would like
to be able listen to if there were a radio that had such a capability
(pretty sure short wave does not do that?)...

Yeah, sometimes you can listen on internet websites, but a lot of
radio station web pages aren't that great..., hard to find, aren't
linking to the broadcasts live, etc.

Anyway, sometimes I see ads for radios which I believe are probably
just short-wave radios but they advertise them as having "100s of
channels"...

Does anyone know if there is any technology out there of a radio that
could let you listen to, say a New Orleans radio station in Alabama,
etc.

Yeah, I know at night, some very strong stations will come in. I've
been able to get KDKA Pittsburgh station at night here in Alabama.

Thanks for any info or updates on this kind of technology. I'm pretty
sure satellite radio wouldn't provide exactly what I'm looking for on
this.