Old April 14th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sooo..... From Mr. Drake.

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message

....out at a model train show, this morning...And what do I spy across the
auditorium...could it be? Might it be? Yes, IT IS. A clean Drake R8A.

Sadly, it followed me home, so I will now have to introduce it to my
antenna system.

heheheheheh.

Looks like it may be time for me to thin the herd.

http://www.rldrake.com/tech/producthelp.html

R8A

Receiver $25.00 per quarter hour repair
YES $15.00 manaul cost
NO, not on line!!!

Old April 14th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Get lost, Burr.$25.00 per quarter hour? NUTS!
cuhulin

Old April 16th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That's been the standard charge at Drake for some time.

--
Brian Denley

Old April 16th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bdenley wrote:
That's been the standard charge at Drake for some time.

That's about what every other factory service operation charges. It's
not the rate, it's the number of hours that makes the price.

Factory techs, by knowing the ins and outs of the radio more
intimately than generic techs, take less time to perform a given
procedures. And the rate broken down as it is into quarter hours
telegraphs that factory techs are faster and likely to get work done in
smaller increments of time. And that they have direct access to factory
parts saves not only time but future aggravation relating to the quality
of parts used.

In the final analysis, factory service, almost regardless of rate, is
more cost effective than non-factory service. And rarely results in a
return trip to the shop.

Old April 16th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Senior Member

On Apr 15, 10:42*pm, D Peter Maus wrote:
bdenley wrote:
That's been the standard charge at Drake for some time.

* *That's about what every other factory service operation charges. It's
not the rate, it's the number of hours that makes the price.

* *Factory techs, by knowing the ins and outs of the radio more
intimately than generic techs, take less time to perform a given
procedures. And the rate broken down as it is into quarter hours
telegraphs that factory techs are faster and likely to get work done in
smaller increments of time. And that they have direct access to factory
parts saves not only time but future aggravation relating to the quality
of parts used.

* *In the final analysis, factory service, almost regardless of rate, is
more cost effective than non-factory service. And rarely results in a
return trip to the shop.

True. And Drake has a reputation for excellent service. I think that
any number of folks here can testify to that: more praise for their
work than any complaints about pricing. Now this reminds me, I have
an SW-8 that needs to be sent in to Drake for servicing....

Great find on the R8A. That price would be simply too sweet to
resist. Less than a year back, I came across a very nice condition
R8B for sale for $600. At that price I easily had a justification for
taking on a second R8B!

Old April 16th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Sooo,,,,,, Sonnnnng, Song of the South, Sweet Potato Pie and hush your
mouth,,,,,,,

www.devilfinder.com Sweet Potato Mississippi

www.devilfinder.com Sweet Potato Queens
cuhulin

Old April 16th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The more I think about it,,,, the more I think I want to move to the
wild west of Ireland.I am Scotch Irish anyway, mostly, Irish.I can't
move to one of them little Isles off the West coast of Ireland, (I
think) those litte Isles are only for them Irish Shamrocks born and bred
there,,, and for those stinking ****tin tourist queers

Mayhap, one of them Arran Isles off the Coast of Scotland?.
cuhulin

Old April 17th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

All those peoples in the Philippines are all a bunch of little yaller
skin little pussys.
www.civilwarpoetry.org/midas/battlecr.mid

YOU just now heard me say it, YOU know what I Said.
cuhulin

Old April 17th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bdenley wrote:

[...]

An R8B for $600 is an even better deal than the R8A for $450. I could
pass on the latter but not the first. The deals are out there if you're
not in a hurray.

Sooo..... D Peter Maus Shortwave 40 April 16th 08 02:57 AM
Sooo..... J.L.Hemmer Shortwave 2 April 14th 08 04:32 AM
Sooo..... Burr Shortwave 1 April 14th 08 04:31 AM
Sooo..... [email protected] Shortwave 2 April 13th 08 10:34 PM