Old April 29th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Default Acme of general coverage portable HF communications receivers?

Greetings,

In the opinion of readers of this N.G., what are the finest (in
terms of standard criteria of performance) portable general
coverage HF communications receivers of current or previous
manufacture? I'm looking for references to high-end gear,
from makers like DEI, CEI, W-J, etc. and probably models made
under military or gov't contract, although civilian models may
exist with comparable specifications.

The designation of 'portable' implies self-contained power
supply and back-packable size and weight.

Michael
Old April 30th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"msg" wrote in message
news:GbKdnb93b6iD8YrVnZ2dnUVZ_vGdnZ2d@cpinternet.. .
Greetings,

In the opinion of readers of this N.G., what are the finest (in
terms of standard criteria of performance) portable general
coverage HF communications receivers of current or previous
manufacture? I'm looking for references to high-end gear,
from makers like DEI, CEI, W-J, etc. and probably models made
under military or gov't contract, although civilian models may
exist with comparable specifications.

The designation of 'portable' implies self-contained power
supply and back-packable size and weight.

Michael

A used Rohde & Schwarz Miniport just sold for $9,400 on ebay, complete with
carrying case.
If I had 10 grand to spare it would be mine now!

Dave

Old May 1st 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Dave Holford wrote:

snip
A used Rohde & Schwarz Miniport just sold for $9,400 on ebay, complete with
carrying case.
If I had 10 grand to spare it would be mine now!

Do you still have the URL? Ebay completed items search is only good for
15 days of history and I find nothing in it (or current listings
either).

Michael
Old May 1st 08, 07:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

msg wrote:

Dave Holford wrote:

snip
A used Rohde & Schwarz Miniport just sold for $9,400 on ebay, complete with
carrying case.
If I had 10 grand to spare it would be mine now!

Do you still have the URL? Ebay completed items search is only good for
15 days of history and I find nothing in it (or current listings
either).

Takes but a moment to find it in completed listings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rohde-Schwarz-Miniport-All-Mode-Receiver-R-S-EB200_W0QQitemZ280219905788QQihZ018QQcategoryZ4673 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 2nd 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article SLSdnRO8_Ov-_4TVnZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@cpinternet,
msg wrote:

Dave Holford wrote:

snip
A used Rohde & Schwarz Miniport just sold for $9,400 on ebay, complete with
carrying case.
If I had 10 grand to spare it would be mine now!

Do you still have the URL? Ebay completed items search is only good for
15 days of history and I find nothing in it (or current listings
either).

There are better places to but test equipment than Ebay. Try the rental
companies for instance. A Google of "test equipment" comes up with 12
X 10^6 links.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California