Old May 23rd 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default radio market share?

A list of station available in my area. The city of Calgary, Alberta,
Canada is roughly a million people. I can't see how all these stations
stay alive. A few are tax supported (CBC) and one is helped by regular
fund raisers.

The satellite stations and web streams dilute the audience even further.
It's a tough life.

660 CFFR Calgary All News 660 NEWS
770 CHQR Calgary News/Talk/Sports QR-77
910 CKDQ Drumheller Country HOT NEW COUNTRY
960 CFAC Calgary All Sports THE FAN
1010 CBR Calgary Variety
1060 CKMX Calgary Classic Country
1140 CHRB High River Agriculture/Religion AM 1140
88.1 CKAV-3 Calgary Aboriginal ABORIGINAL VOICES RADIO
88.9 CJSI Calgary Contemporary Christian SHINE FM
90.3 CFUL Calgary Adult Alternative FUEL 90.3
90.9 CJSW Calgary Variety University of Calgary
92.1 CJAY Calgary Active Rock CJAY 92
92.9 CFEX Calgary Alternative Rock X 92.9
93.7 CKUA Calgary Variety
94.7 CHKF Calgary Ethnic
95.9 CHFM Calgary Adult Contemporary LITE 96
96.9 CKIS Calgary Playing What We Want JACK FM
97.7 CIGY Calgary Pop, Rock, Country 97.7 CALGARY FM
98.5 CIBK Calgary Urban VIBE 98.5
99.1 CBR Calgary Variety
99.7 CFXO High River Country SUN COUNTRY 99.7 FM
100.9 CFXL Okotoks Classic Hits THE EAGLE 100.9
101.5 CKCE Calgary Hot A/C Energy 101.5
102.1 CBR Calgary Classical
103.1 CIQX Calgary Oldies XL 103
103.9 CBRF Calgary CBC French
105.1 CKRY Calgary Country COUNTRY 105
106.1 CFIT Airdrie A/C THE RANGE
107.3 CFGQ Calgary Classic Rock Q-107
Old May 24th 08, 07:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 23, 11:23 am, wrote:

Thanks for the list, I live in Calgary, and a lot of the staios are
not in the yellow pages, or the WRTH. Yes sometimes I wonder how they
survive and make a profit.
Fred Burgess

Check this link out http://www.radio-locator.com/
It is an excellent resource for radio listeners.
Old May 24th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 24, 12:23*am, Tex wrote:
On May 23, 11:23 am, wrote:

Thanks for the list, I live in Calgary, and a lot of the staios are
not in the yellow pages, or the WRTH. *Yes sometimes I wonder how they
survive and make a profit.
Fred Burgess

Check this link outhttp://www.radio-locator.com/
It is an excellent resource for radio listeners.

Thanks, I logged on, and it works pretty good.
Fred Burgess