Old May 29th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo- Here's The Truth

It’s been said by many radio is a business. Dah.. So radio wants cheap,
part-time, no benefits. The current groups of managers are actually worried
that they’ll get fired if the numbers don’t add up. And their focus is short
term, this week, this month, and today. Like it or not, MORE voice tracking
and cyber-jocking are the trends for today and the future. Voice tracking
can be made to sound live but frankly it’s boring as hell. Voice tracking
sounds live but there’s a difference between a voice that’s simply filling
dead air with mindless sweepers and a voice that entertains. Big Difference!
So radio depends on voice tracking because it’s cheaper and makes the music
the star. Radio goes about its business as a wireless jukebox and limps
along as a former shell of itself.
And around the corner technology provides more and better jukeboxes. And
these jukeboxes will connect to the Internet through local wifi hot spots
and mass coverage access points called wimax. Take a sure bet to the bank,
this technology is only going to improve and competition will drive prices
down. Meanwhile radio’s greatest strengths local and relevant have all but
been forgotten. Radio believes HD is their future, I think Internet access
in your car will be the must have gadget. And why would you need HD?
I love free over the air AM/FM/MW radio. Love it! The greed mongers have
done more to destroy radio as we once knew it! HD is a joke and more crude
from greed mongers. I wish content would improve but it won't with the
current greedy people who own and run radio stations.
Old May 29th 08, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 28, 8:22 pm, "pocket-radio" wrote:
[...]

Not much left so say. That about says it all.
jw