Old June 6th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Good Lord What Has Happened To Humanity?

By STEPHEN SINGER
Associated Press Writer

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A 78-year-old man is tossed like a rag doll by
a hit-and-run driver and lies motionless on a busy city street as car
after car goes by. Pedestrians gawk but appear to do nothing. One
driver stops briefly but then pulls back into traffic. A man on a
scooter slowly circles the victim before zipping away.

The chilling scene _ captured on video by a streetlight surveillance
camera _ has touched off a round of soul-searching in Hartford, with
the capital city's biggest newspaper blaring "SO INHUMANE" on the
front page and the police chief lamenting: "We no longer have a moral
compass."

Video at http://wbztv.com/local/hartford.hit.and.2.741405.html

If you can stomach it.
Old June 6th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
news
Bull****. Another manufactured crisis. There were multiple 9-1-1 calls
and paramedics were there in moments. You're not supposed to touch
injured people unless you know what you're doing.

Most, if not all, states have Good Samaritan laws. These run the gamut from
simple protection of those who stop and render aid to actually requiring by
law that you stop and render aid.

Old June 7th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
news
Tex wrote:
[...]

Bull****. How do you exactly manufacture a crisis with the video that was
shown. It wasn't some faked footage. Just because you aren't suppossed to
render aid to an injured person who is severely injured, doesn't mean that
you don't stop and either make a call or get someone there that is a medical
professional. Being a dumbass is your lifes work

Old June 7th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tex wrote:
On Jun 6, 8:23 am, dave
Bull****. Another manufactured crisis. There were multiple 9-1-1 calls
and paramedics were there in moments. You're not supposed to touch
injured people unless you know what you're doing.

Manufactured crisis? Paramedics there in "moments"? Both are lies. And
the third sentence of your post is disingenuous.

"First aid" is just what it says it is and something even a child can
render until the professionals arrive - stop the bleeding, check the
air passages - it saves lives every day.

And how about someone simply stepping up to direct traffic around the
victim so he doesn't get run over again? That doesn't take much
involvement much less skill.

Rationalize your conduct as you wish but don't expect decent and
caring folks to not recognize it for what it is. Your "f**k him,
ain't my problem dude" mentality is why tragedies like this occur all
too often.

If it were you or one of your loved ones lying paralyzed and bleeding
with traffic zipping about you might have a different attitude.

Be very careful, karma has a way of dealing with individuals like you
- I've seen it so many times.

There's just a few seconds of video. What happened when the video stops?
Old June 7th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bart Bailey wrote:
In posted on Fri, 06
Jun 2008 06:23:47 -0700, dave wrote: Begin

and paramedics were there in moments.

When seconds count,
they're only minutes away

It's a total non-story. The same day as another blue-ribbon
investigation revealing we were lied into war.

How conveeeenient..

Old June 7th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 5, 9:27*pm, Tex wrote:
*By STEPHEN SINGER
Associated Press Writer

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A 78-year-old man is tossed like a rag doll by
a hit-and-run driver and lies motionless on a busy city street as car
after car goes by. Pedestrians gawk but appear to do nothing. One
driver stops briefly but then pulls back into traffic. A man on a
scooter slowly circles the victim before zipping away.

The chilling scene _ captured on video by a streetlight surveillance
camera _ has touched off a round of soul-searching in Hartford, with
the capital city's biggest newspaper blaring "SO INHUMANE" on the
front page and the police chief lamenting: "We no longer have a moral
compass."

Video athttp://wbztv.com/local/hartford.hit.and.2.741405.html

If you can stomach it.

Good Lord : Help =IF= You Can
* Call 911
* Put out a Road Flare
* Direct Traffic
* Hold The Victems Hand
* Stop the Bleeding

My God : Stay Out of the Way
* Be On Your Way -so- That Others Can Get There To Help.
* Don't Cause a Traffric Jam and Delay Help Arriving

idtars ~ RHF
Old June 7th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Billy Smith wrote:
..

Bull****. How do you exactly manufacture a crisis with the video that
was shown. It wasn't some faked footage. Just because you aren't
suppossed to render aid to an injured person who is severely injured,
doesn't mean that you don't stop and either make a call or get someone
there that is a medical professional. Being a dumbass is your lifes work

The hit and run part is deplorable. The pedestrians appeared to be
dumfounded at first. Why does the film stop?
Old June 7th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2008-06-06 00:27:03 -0400, Tex said:

*By STEPHEN SINGER
Associated Press Writer

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A 78-year-old man is tossed like a rag doll by
a hit-and-run driver and lies motionless on a busy city street as car
after car goes by. Pedestrians gawk but appear to do nothing. One
driver stops briefly but then pulls back into traffic. A man on a
scooter slowly circles the victim before zipping away.

Yes I saw the vid, horrible. People just gawking, walking by. NOT ONE
person goes to help or comfort this poor guy. Welcome to America!

Luckily it's Not Always that way..

- anyone find out the mans name?

Old June 7th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

07 Jun 2008 10:32:54 -0700, dave wrote:

The same day as another blue-ribbon investigation revealing we were
lied into war.

Bart Bailey wrote:

Maybe a new administration can lie us out of war, like Nixon did when
he called it a victory and left

Well, I dunno about that; I suspect it won't be that easy. For all that
you can say bad about Bush/Cheney, they did one thing perfectly:

They created the "Perfect Storm" of a 'war' in Iraq.

Screwed if we stay (more American lives lost, continuing ten billion
dollar a month drain on our already ailing economy).

Screwed if we go (major destabilization of the mid east, civil war and
maybe worse).

No way out, no exit strategy.

Oooops, sorry, George H.W. already said that years ago in his Gulf War I
book.

Heck of a job, W...

Old June 7th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message

- anyone find out the mans name?

This is a better link, more of the video showing the pedestrians gawking,
and newsclips of the man's son talking to reporters.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...87181#24987181

OT Thank You Lord Burr Shortwave 0 October 16th 07 02:52 AM
(OT) : Global Warming -caused-by- Humanity -or- Climate Change ... Ian Jackson Shortwave 0 April 28th 07 09:53 AM
ARRL, crimes against humanity, human nature and human depravity ... John Smith I Policy 3 January 23rd 07 11:31 PM
attention time lord [email protected] General 0 December 16th 06 03:54 PM
God Testing Mankind-One Last Chance To Redeem Humanity David Shortwave 3 June 30th 05 03:35 PM