Old June 11th 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Ping RHF -wrt- Icom R9500 Wideband Receiver on eBay

On Jun 11, 12:48*am, wrote:
-
- I lost track of that Icom IC-R9500 that you noted
- selling on eBay, as I think it is now history.
- I don't have access to archives so wonder if you
- could look it up and let us now what it went for
- as against what the new price is.
-
- Thanks - JP

JP,

POST : Used Icom R-9500 on EBAY
Posted by Bill ]
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...42c486c528b8e0

eBay Auction Listing :
ICOM IC-R9500 COMMUNICATIONS WIDEBAND RECEIVER ~ MINT ~

eBay Item number : 290236130181

Bidding has ended for this item : Winning bid : US $12,001.99

Winning Bidder : mcfrugal-com (625)

Total Number of Bids : 33

eBay Seller DarbyPawn {Shop}
http://myworld.ebay.com/darbypawn/
Most likely Darby Pawn Shop LLC
Darby, Collingdale {Philadelphia} Pennsylvania -USA-

Icom R9500-02 at Universal-Radio.Com
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0095.html
List Price : $15995.00
U-R Price : $13500.00

NOTE : $12000/$13500 = 88.9% which is way over
the 70% Rule for Used Item Without a Warranty.
[ $13,500 X 70% = $9450 Max Bid ]

FWIW : The eBay Seller was not the Original Owner
-but- a Third Party which is a Pawn Shop.

hope that's it ~ RHF
Old June 11th 08, 10:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 11, 11:50*am, RHF wrote:
On Jun 11, 12:48*am, wrote:
-
- I lost track of that Icom IC-R9500 that you noted
- selling on eBay, as I think it is now history.
- I don't have access to archives so wonder if you
- could look it up and let us now what it went for
- as against what the new price is.
-
- Thanks - JP

JP,

POST : Used Icom R-9500 on EBAY
Posted by Bill /msg/8542c486c528b8e0

eBay Auction Listing :
ICOM IC-R9500 COMMUNICATIONS WIDEBAND RECEIVER ~ MINT ~

eBay Item number : 290236130181

Bidding has ended for this item : Winning bid : US $12,001.99

Winning Bidder : mcfrugal-com (625)

Total Number of Bids : 33

eBay Seller DarbyPawn {Shop}http://myworld.ebay.com/darbypawn/
Most likely Darby Pawn Shop LLC
Darby, Collingdale {Philadelphia} Pennsylvania -USA-

Icom R9500-02 at Universal-Radio.Comhttp://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/widerxvr/0095.html
List Price : * $15995.00
U-R Price : $13500.00

NOTE : $12000/$13500 = 88.9% which is way over
the 70% Rule for Used Item Without a Warranty.
[ $13,500 X 70% = $9450 Max Bid ]

FWIW : The eBay Seller was not the Original Owner
-but- a Third Party which is a Pawn Shop.

hope that's it ~ RHF
*.

Thanks so much RHF - I really can't understand people on eBay who get
carried away like that = sheer madness! He should have payed the extra
and bought new with guarantee........... JP
Old June 11th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 11, 4:29*am, Billy Burpelson wrote:
wrote:
- I lost track of that Icom IC-R9500 that you noted
- selling on eBay, as I think it is now history.
- I don't have access to archives so wonder if you
- could look it up and let us now what it went for
- as against what the new price is.

Mr. Plimmer,
Curious as to what you mean by "don't have access to archives". Do you
mean that you are not a member of eBay?

If you are a member of eBay, log in, do a search for the item in
question. This will show you the current (pending) auctions. Then note
the yellowish colored box on the left of your screen, titled "Search
Options". Check the box "Completed Listings". This will show you the
closed auctions, final selling price, etc. Again, this option is only
available if you are a 'member' of eBay.

Thanks so much RHF - I really can't understand people on eBay who get
carried away like that = sheer madness!

- It's called "auction fever" (although 'sheer madness'
- is also quite descriptive!). I've always felt it's better
- to be an eBay seller and have auction fever work
- -for- you, rather than being a buyer and have it
- work -against- you. *:-)
-
- Regards,
- Billy