Old June 11th 08, 01:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Drake R7A Recent Prices

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ150255857924QQihZ005QQcategoryZ 4673QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy It Now and went for $1995.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Rare_W0QQitemZ260249448668QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4673Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy It Now and went for $1799.00.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 11th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 11, 7:02�am, dxAce wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ1...

Buy It Now and went for $1995.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Rare_W0QQitemZ260249448668QQih...

Buy It Now and went for $1799.00.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Interesting. Neither auction has much to say about the working
condition.

Is there a significant price premium for an R7A vs. an R7 in similar
condition, and with similar options?

73 John KC0G
Old June 11th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ150255857924QQihZ005QQcategoryZ 4673QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy It Now and went for $1995.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Rare_W0QQitemZ260249448668QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4673Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy It Now and went for $1799.00.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

the first one is pretty clean but the second one is really dirty !

Old June 11th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 11, 8:02*am, dxAce wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ1...

Buy It Now and went for $1995.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Rare_W0QQitemZ260249448668QQih...

Buy It Now and went for $1799.00.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Holy moly.....were those gilt edged models??
Old June 11th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

" wrote:

On Jun 11, 7:02�am, dxAce wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ1...

Buy It Now and went for $1995.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Rare_W0QQitemZ260249448668QQih...

Buy It Now and went for $1799.00.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Interesting. Neither auction has much to say about the working
condition.

Is there a significant price premium for an R7A vs. an R7 in similar
condition, and with similar options?

Seems so, but I've always wondered why. Difference between the two is that the
R7A came standard with the noise blanker, the 500 Hz CW filter and what is
merely a wire across one position on the filter board that gave perhaps 6-9 KHz
of selectivity in lieu of an actual crystal filter.

I currently have an R7 with NB, 8, 6, 4, 3 and 2.3 KHz filters and the AUX7
board installed.

Old June 11th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Frank Halaburak wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ150255857924QQihZ005QQcategoryZ 4673QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy It Now and went for $1995.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Rare_W0QQitemZ260249448668QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4673Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy It Now and went for $1799.00.

the first one is pretty clean but the second one is really dirty !

That one and another R7 that was up for sale recently almost looked to me as though they had gotten quite wet at one time or another.

Old June 11th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Senior Member

On Jun 11, 3:33Â*pm, dxAce wrote:
" wrote:
On Jun 11, 7:02�am, dxAce wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ1....

Buy It Now and went for $1995.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Rare_W0QQitemZ260249448668QQih....

Buy It Now and went for $1799.00.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Interesting. Â*Neither auction has much to say about the working
condition.

Is there a significant price premium for an R7A vs. an R7 in similar
condition, and with similar options?

Seems so, but I've always wondered why. Difference between the two is that the
R7A came standard with the noise blanker, the 500 Hz CW filter and what is
merely a wire across one position on the filter board that gave perhaps 6-9 KHz
of selectivity in lieu of an actual crystal filter.

I currently have an R7 with NB, 8, 6, 4, 3 and 2.3 KHz filters and the AUX7
board installed.- Hide quoted text -

I picked up a very nice condition R7 last year with the NB and 6, 4,
2.3, 1.8, and 0.5 filters installed (and with the matching speaker).
I paid a fair bit for it (probably on the high end for an R7), but
nowhere near what these recently eBay'ed sets fetched. I had wanted
one of these for years, and, heck, they pop up only sporadically on
the used market (...and this one had the full complement of filters).
The one I acquired is a nice looking piece of gear: only one minor
physical blemish to be seen. And I had a chance to give it a test run
before buying. Eventually I'd like to get a 3.0 kHz filter popped
into it (I believe Sherwood has 'em on offer) and perhaps ditch the
0.5.
Old June 11th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 11, 12:36*pm, dxAce wrote:
Frank Halaburak wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ1....

Buy It Now and went for $1995.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drake-R7A-Receiver-Rare_W0QQitemZ260249448668QQih....

Buy It Now and went for $1799.00.

the first one is pretty clean but the second one is really dirty !

- That one and another R7 that was up for sale recently
- almost looked to me as though they had gotten quite
- wet at one time or another.

DX Ace,

Always did worry when there were many good looking
things appearing on eBay 60~90 Days after a Hurricane
in Florida where the eBay Seller's Location was listed
as being in Florida. {Simple Flood Damaged or Micro
Corrosion Troughout Due To Water Immersion}

~ RHF
Old June 12th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

junius wrote:

On Jun 11, 3:33Â pm, dxAce wrote:
" wrote:
On Jun 11, 7:02�am, dxAce wrote:
[...]

Let me know when you decide to replace the .5 as when you put in a voice bandwidth
filter there is a lead or two (if you replace both CW filters) that needs to be cut.

You'll like the 3 KHz Sherwood as the extra 700 Hz of audio over the stock 2.3 is
very nice.

Old June 12th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 11, 4:51Â*pm, junius wrote:
On Jun 11, 3:33Â*pm, dxAce wrote:

" wrote:
On Jun 11, 7:02�am, dxAce wrote:
[...]

nowhere near what these recently eBay'ed sets fetched. Â*I had wanted
one of these for years, and, heck, they pop up only sporadically on
the used market (...and this one had the full complement of filters).
The one I acquired is a nice looking piece of gear: Â*only one minor
physical blemish to be seen. Â*And I had a chance to give it a test run
before buying. Â*Eventually I'd like to get a 3.0 kHz filter popped
into it (I believe Sherwood has 'em on offer) and perhaps ditch the

I had that very filter combination (with the 3 instead of the .5) in
an R7 a while back. Got the SE-3 for it as well, that was truly
shortwave heaven. The PBT works amazingly well with the synch
detector. DX Ace is correct, the 3 makes a nice audio improvement
over the 2.3.

Recent HF propagation Greg[_5_] Scanner 0 April 20th 08 09:30 PM
Recent Logs Mike Shortwave 4 November 20th 05 06:24 PM
Recent sun activity Telamon Shortwave 5 September 18th 05 01:13 PM
Recent Reception Warpcore Shortwave 1 August 22nd 03 12:19 AM