Old June 26th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) California wildfires.

On Jun 25, 4:42*pm, wrote:
It is a shame about those wildfires burning people's property.I reckon
most of those wildfires will have to burn themselves out.Wildfires also
cause new and better growth (Forest) by burning out a lot of rubbish.
cuhulin

Nature Recycles Itself - naturally ~ RHF
Old June 26th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Jun 25, 5:57*am, Dave wrote:
wrote:
Lightning sparks 800 plus wildfires in California.
www.worldnetdaily.com

So, California doesn't get Lightning?
Call up one of those tv stations over there and ask their weather people
about that Lightning Counter.

I believe California gets some Lightning every day.
cuhulin

- This ain't Mississippi, Jethro.
-*We go for years without thunderstorms sometimes.

Dave - D'Oh !

In California every Year during the Summer the
Sierra Nevada Mountains get many Thunderstorms
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderstorm
http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com...lightning.html

About - Thunderstorms
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/reso...nderstorms.htm

as they say . . .
and where there is thunder
there is lightning ~ RHF
.

We don't live in the mountains. Like Dave said lightning is rare in
southern California. Around here it is less than once a year I hear of
any by ear or on the radio. Seeing lightning is even more rare. Usually
every few years there will be a storm that you will actually see
lightning.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 26th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com The benefits of Lightning

Lightning is Good.But I bet those people who went to a restaurant one
night and Lightning struck their million dollar home in Madison and
burned their house down didn't think so.
cuhulin

Old June 26th 08, 12:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : California Summer Wildfires and Lightning

On Jun 25, 8:59*am, RHF wrote:
On Jun 25, 5:57*am, Dave wrote: wrote:
Lightning sparks 800 plus wildfires in California.
www.worldnetdaily.com

So, California doesn't get Lightning?
Call up one of those tv stations over there and ask their weather people
about that Lightning Counter.

I believe California gets some Lightning every day.
cuhulin

- This ain't Mississippi, Jethro.
-*We go for years without thunderstorms sometimes.

Dave - D'Oh !

In California every Year during the Summer the
Sierra Nevada Mountains get many Thunderstormshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderstormhttp://www.eldoradocountyweather.com/lightning/swn-lightning.html

About - Thunderstormshttp://www.usatoday.com/weather/resources/basics/thunderstorms.htm

as they say . . .
and where there is thunder
there is lightning ~ RHF
*.

California Summer Wildfires and Lightning

The present Swarm of Fires in mainly in Northern
California. The vast majority of Wild-Fires in the
Northern part of California are Lightning caused.

Significant California Wildfires - 6/25/08
http://www.fire.ca.gov/downloads/inc...Map_062508.pdf

However most of the Lightning occurs during the
Winter Months along with Rain and Cold Weather;
so these Lightning caused Fires do not get very
big; and nature takes it course.

The Hot Summers are a different matter and when
a major T&L Storm comes thru Northern California
during the Dry Season Wild-Fires are a Dangerous
and Major Problem for the Forests, Grasslands and
People too.

Presently there are Hundreds of Wild-Fires burning
in Northern California.

It has been determined that Lightning started more
than 500 Fires now burning Northern California
Wilderness Areas.

Note - Just in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest
there were about separate 75 Fires.

FWIW - Southern California Is A Land Unto Itself :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:S...California.png
The Ten Southern most Counties of California are
basically in a different Weather and Eco-System.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_California
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecosystem

presently there is the smell of smoke in the
air throughout the Sierra Nevada foothills ~ RHF
http://www.mymotherlode.com/News/article/id/D91GBRSO0
Twain Harte, CA
Old July 15th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

-
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder...lightning.html
-
- About - Thunderstorms
- http://www.usatoday.com/weather/reso...nderstorms.htm
-
- as they say . . .
- and where there is thunder
- there is lightning ~RHF
- *.

Today I heard many Lightning Strikes on the Radio
that were happening along the Sierra Nevadas from
up at the Lake Tahoe; down to Mount Whitney; and
across to Mount Diablo.
http://www.sierranevadaphotos.com/ge...getation_l.jpg

Never saw a Lightning Flash and did not Hear the
Clash of Thunder; but the Static Bursts [Crashes]
could be Heard on the Radio from the DX Lightning.

Dry Lightning Could Spark More Fires
http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp...av=menu612_2_9

Butte Lightning Complex
http://www.fire.ca.gov/index_incidents_butte.php
The Butte Lightning Complex currently consists
of 37 Fires. 5 Fires are still actively Burning.

Butte County, California
http://www.buttecounty.com/bcmaps.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butte_County,_California

Califonia Statewide Fire Map (Interactive Google Map)
http://www.oes.ca.gov/WebPage/oesweb...veMap?readForm
CAL FIRE - http://www.fire.ca.gov/index_incidents.php

Vaisala - Free Lightning Explorer
http://thunderstorm.vaisala.com/explorer.html

Old July 15th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:59 am, RHF wrote:

Today I heard many Lightning Strikes on the Radio
that were happening along the Sierra Nevadas from
up at the Lake Tahoe; down to Mount Whitney; and
across to Mount Diablo.
http://www.sierranevadaphotos.com/ge...getation_l.jpg

I've been living in the Sierra Pelonas foothills for 10 years. The
thunderstorms have to dissipate all their energy to get over the
mountains. If they make it at all, there is no "storminess" left in
them. The storms generally stop at the San Andreas fault, as delineated
around here by Elizabeth Lake Rd. I get maybe 4-6" of rain a year,
except during El Nino.
Old July 15th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 15, 5:50*am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:59 am, RHF wrote:

Today I heard many Lightning Strikes on the Radio
that were happening along the Sierra Nevadas from
up at the Lake Tahoe; down to Mount Whitney; and
across to Mount Diablo.
http://www.sierranevadaphotos.com/ge...getation_l.jpg

I've been living in the Sierra Pelonas foothills for 10 years. *The
thunderstorms have to dissipate all their energy to get over the
mountains. *If they make it at all, there is no "storminess" left in
them. *The storms generally stop at the San Andreas fault, as delineated
around here by Elizabeth Lake Rd. *I get maybe 4-6" of rain a year,
except during El Nino.

Dave - California is a big place, and it is impossible to gauge the
amount of lightning statewide by your local experience. Even here in
the SF Bay Area, we get a little bit of thunder almost every year, and
occasionally we get a decent storm. I have rarely taken a summer
camping trip in the Sierra without seeing some lightning - in July and
August, it is fairly common.

Bruce Jensen

Old July 16th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
bpnjensen wrote:

On Jul 15, 5:50*am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:59 am, RHF wrote:

[...]

Well, let's say southern California then and Dave would have one right
one out of thousands..

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 16th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Dave wrote:

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jul 15, 5:50 am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:59 am, RHF wrote:
Today I heard many Lightning Strikes on the Radio
that were happening along the Sierra Nevadas from
up at the Lake Tahoe; down to Mount Whitney; and
across to Mount Diablo.
http://www.sierranevadaphotos.com/ge...getation_l.jpg
I've been living in the Sierra Pelonas foothills for 10 years. The
thunderstorms have to dissipate all their energy to get over the
mountains. If they make it at all, there is no "storminess" left in
them. The storms generally stop at the San Andreas fault, as delineated
around here by Elizabeth Lake Rd. I get maybe 4-6" of rain a year,
except during El Nino.

Dave - California is a big place, and it is impossible to gauge the
amount of lightning statewide by your local experience.

My point exactly.

You have no point.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

FS:BC-684, BC-1335 in California Steve Boatanchors 0 January 21st 07 07:58 PM
BBC reception in California Neil Shortwave 9 November 30th 06 06:56 PM
BPL in California Telamon Shortwave 10 April 30th 06 12:07 AM
BPL in California Steven R. Adell - KF2TI Policy 21 July 19th 04 11:47 PM