Old June 28th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Antenna &Tunning SSB

In article
,
Abraham Habib wrote:

Can one use antenna which is usually for TV on SW7600GR receiver? I am
unable to make use of SSB on my receiver I attribute this to antenna.
I just used simple twin wire to my window. I now want to make use of
that TV antenna. Which frequency can one tune SSB

My answer to this question in general is no.

The reason is that depending on how far away a TV station is from you
there could be huge signals in the TV band that could completely over
load the radio. A good TV signal is in the hundreds on millivolts. If
you connect the radio and use a wall wart power supply it might even
damage the radio.

I used to be able to draw visible sparks off the TV antenna on the roof
through twin lead to ground.

Don't do it. Make or buy an antenna for the radio.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Antenna &Tunning SSB Dave[_18_] Shortwave 0 June 28th 08 02:28 PM
Antenna &Tunning SSB Dave[_18_] Shortwave 0 June 28th 08 02:26 PM
Single Wire Antenna {Longwire / Random Wire Antenna} - What To Use : Antenna Tuner? and/or Pre-Selector? David Shortwave 3 December 27th 05 09:59 PM
Busy tunning myself up Lancer CB 10 January 9th 05 01:46 PM
B: Tunning capacitor MITSUMI PVC-2DX Kupac Swap 0 July 13th 03 11:25 AM