Old July 7th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default RF Systems MTA.

On Jul 7, 11:13*am, wrote:
On Jul 7, 1:08*pm, D Peter Maus wrote:

RHF wrote:
On Jul 6, 3:41 pm, D Peter Maus wrote:
-
- Finally got this antenna installed more permanently, in *a quiet
area
- of the yard. Been using it basically leaning in a corner of the
garage.
- Now, it's out, it's elevated, and it's in the clear.
-
- * * * * Results?
-
- * * * * Astonishing.
-
- This antenna is a helically wound coil, with 90/10 vertical
- to horizontal polarization. Noise stops being an issue.
- Polarization fading not an issue.
- Selective fading is still a PITA.
-
- I've not measured the noise floor, yet, but it's so much lower
- than the Eavesdropper, or the random wire, that I had to check
- to see if the antenna was connected.
-
- Output is lower than conventional antennae---it is only 7 feet
- in length, after all---but the noise is so much lower, I can
- actually hear stations on the MTA, that I can't on the
- Eavesdropper. A preamp is nice, but not necessary.
- Most receivers do, indeed, have enough gain to
- overcome the lower signal strength.
-
- Electrical noise resistance is pretty amazing, as well.
- No popping. No clicking. No buzzing.
- The noise from my T-1 router is still an issue...even out
- in the yard..but only a few spots on the bands are
- really trouble....3850 and it's multiples.
-
- I can actually hear WLS for the first time in a couple of years.
-
- Comparing the MTA on a Fanfare FT100 tuner with a
- McKay Dymek DA-5 shielded AM antenna on a Fanfare
- FT100 tuner, MTA produces lower signal output, but about
- the same noise floor. On a comm receiver, or Sansui Tu-777,
- there is an improvement in listenability with the MTA over
- the DA-5.
-
- There are some noise sources in my house that need
- to be addressed. *I'll get to those as I can. And there is
- still that IBOC has that I've not been able to null out.
- But, despite, performance is noticeably improved.
-
- This antenna needs to work with a good ground.
- Currently only using the cold waterpipe running under
- the house (copper, 45' of it), and the ground rod at the
- foot of the garage. I'll connect it to the ground system
- out in the yard when I get a new strap.
-
- Just over $259 installed.
-
- Worth it.
-
- Antenna system: MTA into Stridsberg active splitter.
-
- Receivers:
- Lowe HF-150
- AR-7030+
- Ten-Tec RX-350
- Drake R8A
- Drake SW8
- Fanfare FT100
- Halli S-53A
- And one draft pick to be named later.
-
- memberfdic.

- - - DPM - Nice to Know that the RF Systems "MTA"
- - - [Magnetic Transfer Antenna[ is working well for you. ~ RHF
- - - http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3368.html
- - - AM/Medium Wave and Shortwave Antenna 500 kHz~30 MHz
- - - http://www.rf-systems.nl/pdf/mt.pdf
- - -
- - - SWLers - Two Important Things To Do With Any Active Antennas
are . . .
- - - http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...c057920e20ac0c
- - - They Work Well for Small Low Noise Passive Antennas Too !
- - - *.

- - This is a passive antenna. No active components.

- You have to excuse Roy, his pea sized brain is fried due
- to too many active antennas and microwave waveforms
- pointed at his deformed cranium.
-
- He just can stop posting his bull**** and links on each
- and every post here.

FireBottle,

Actually I only use a "Pea Sized" {Passive} part
of my Brain to reply to you - Just To Make It 'Fair'.

dang that was easy ~ RHF

RF Systems MTA. RHF Shortwave 0 July 7th 08 07:57 PM
GARMIN GPS Systems [email protected] Swap 0 June 11th 07 06:00 PM
RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II [email protected] Shortwave 6 June 10th 07 07:17 PM
RF Systems MTA Larry Echols Shortwave 0 October 1st 03 02:50 AM
WTB: RF Systems DX-One Pro Michael Holme Shortwave 3 August 20th 03 10:09 PM