Old July 21st 08, 10:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio St. Helena Update

The following was received from Robert Kipp regarding the Radio St. Helena
project earlier today (Sunday):

"Hello Fellow DXers,

Radio St. Helena informs all DXers that RSH has a "pile of envelopes (with
QSL's) just waiting to be posted". The delay, at the moment, is because the
good ship RMS St. Helena (the only official mail carrier), is currently in dry
dock in Cape Town (the home port) for some repairs. This means that the RMS
is way behind schedule in delivering people, cargo, and mail. When the RMS
does sail again to St. Helena, she will go straight back to Cape Town.
Therefore, the QSL's will not be posted until "end August / early Sep.". I
assume that
that means that the QSL's will be mailed (airmail) from South Africa, but it
could mean that the cards will not be sent until the RMS sails again to
Ascension island. From there, the QSL's would go to the UK and then on to the
rest of the world.

RSH reports that "all the 2007 Reports received have been QSL'd".
(Naturally, only the correct reports.) This does NOT mean that ALL the reports
SENT to
RSH also arived at RSH (unfortunately). Regarding 2006 / 2007 QSL's, I have
been in contact with RSH and have passed along information from several
DXers. Rich D'Angelo in USA sent me a list with about 17 names. I was directly
contacted by DXers from Brazil (RS), France (CG), Spain (SG and MM), Holland
(AB
and HJB), USA (KA), Germany (KE), and Switzerland (CAS). I hope that all
these QSL-questions have been clarified.

Thank-you one and all for your patience.

With best regards, Robert Kipp for Radio St. Helena "
(via Richard D'Angelo, NASWA Yahoo Group)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 23rd 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 21, 11:19*am, dxAce wrote:
[...]

Ace, the Cape Times shipping columnist sent me the following

Good Day John

Glad you enjoyed the column. Thanks for the email.

RMS St Helena has been in drydock for a week or so and sailed for the
Island
on Monday. She usually goes CT-St Helena-Ascension-St Helena-CT with
calls
occasionally at Walvis Bay.

This voyage she will only go CT-St Helena-CT and should be back in CT
in
about 12 days.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Brian Ingpen
www.capeports.co.za
July 23

JP

Radio St. Helena dxAce Shortwave 3 October 11th 07 02:02 AM
Radio St. Helena Day - Nov. 4 dxAce Shortwave 9 November 6th 06 12:17 AM
Radio St. Helena Lisa Simpson Shortwave 5 November 4th 06 11:54 PM
Radio St. Helena dxAce Shortwave 0 November 4th 06 11:37 PM
Radio St. Helena dxAce Shortwave 0 November 4th 06 11:33 PM