Old July 23rd 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Satrad merger approved - NO forced inclusion of HD Radio!!!

"Sirius-XM Merger Gains Approval of FCC Majority, WSJ Reports"

"I was hoping to forge a bipartisan solution that would offer
consumers more diversity in programming, better price protection,
greater choices among innovative devices and real competition with
digital radio, Adelstein said in his statement. Instead, it appears
they're going to get a monopoly with window dressing."

http://tinyurl.com/5jfv4x

"Ibiquity Fears Open Access Will Not Help Adoption Of HD Radio"

"I have said it before, and I will say it again. HD Radio has a
responsibility to market itself. They should not be out looking for
business model hand-outs. They should not be trying to circumvent
negotiations with OEM’s by getting into car dashboards on the backs of
the negotiations that Sirius and XM have made, and by extension, on
the backs of shareholders in the SDARS companies."

http://tinyurl.com/6pgnq2

Screw you, iBiquity!
Old July 24th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 23, 5:42 pm, wrote:
[...]

Thats good news - Adelstein is a fool and and detached from reality.
I'm glad common sense won out - at least this time.