Old August 30th 08, 10:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Ouch! = Hurricane Gustav

Maximum sustained winds currently at 110 mph, and poised to slam into Cuba.

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww2.html

http://www.hwn.org/data/TCPAT2.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 30th 08, 10:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
Maximum sustained winds currently at 110 mph, and poised to slam into Cuba.

Where damage is expected to be more than $300.
Old August 30th 08, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Maximum sustained winds currently at 110 mph, and poised to slam into Cuba.

Where damage is expected to be more than $300.

That much?

Old August 30th 08, 11:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Maximum sustained winds currently at 110 mph, and poised to slam into Cuba.

Where damage is expected to be more than $300.

That much?

Well, they did have the Chevy painted.

Old August 30th 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Maximum sustained winds currently at 110 mph, and poised to slam into Cuba.

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww2.html

http://www.hwn.org/data/TCPAT2.html

Winds are now near 120 mph. Gustav is a Category 3 hurricane and may reach
Category 4 before hitting the Cuban mainland.

Old August 30th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:
dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Maximum sustained winds currently at 110 mph, and poised to slam
into Cuba.
Where damage is expected to be more than $300.

That much?

Well, they did have the Chevy painted.

Peter. I don't like this, the NWS said it's heading
for the cigar district.

Drifter...
Old August 30th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Maximum sustained winds currently at 110 mph, and poised to slam into
Cuba.

Where damage is expected to be more than $300.

I find it strange that you find the possible deaths and destruction in
Cuba to be somehow funny. Did you laugh your face off during the
disaster in New Orleans? Did you lose any family members there?

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

Densa International©
For the OTHER two percent.

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
Google Groups or HOTMAIL address.
I also filter everything from a .cn server.

For solutions which may work for you, please check:
http://improve-usenet.org/

Old August 30th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Maximum sustained winds currently at 110 mph, and poised to slam
into Cuba.
Where damage is expected to be more than $300.

That much?

Well, they did have the Chevy painted.

Peter. I don't like this, the NWS said it's heading
for the cigar district.

Drifter...

Damn...that IS bad news. That will put Rush Limbaugh's money back
into domestic cigars. This country really IS over.

Old August 30th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Maximum sustained winds currently at 110 mph, and poised to slam into
Cuba.

Where damage is expected to be more than $300.

I find it strange that you find the possible deaths and destruction in
Cuba to be somehow funny. Did you laugh your face off during the
disaster in New Orleans? Did you lose any family members there?

Actually, if you really must know...I was there, working with the
airlifts.
Old August 30th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

I find it strange that you find the possible deaths and destruction in
Cuba to be somehow funny. Did you laugh your face off during the
disaster in New Orleans? Did you lose any family members there?

Actually, if you really must know...I was there, working with the
airlifts.

So, Cubans are somehow not as valuable as human beings?

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

Densa International©
For the OTHER two percent.

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
Google Groups or HOTMAIL address.
I also filter everything from a .cn server.

For solutions which may work for you, please check:
http://improve-usenet.org/

Uh Oh . . Hurricane Gustav [email protected] Shortwave 0 August 27th 08 02:23 AM
(OT) Hurricane Gustav - HWN Activation Plans dxAce[_11_] Shortwave 0 August 26th 08 10:00 AM
(OT) Tropical Storm Gustav dxAce[_11_] Shortwave 1 August 25th 08 08:54 PM
Ouch! Scott in Baltimore CB 1 October 5th 06 05:37 AM
Ouch! Scott in Baltimore CB 21 August 13th 05 05:34 PM