Old September 12th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Study: HD Radio Awareness Picking Up

http://www.radioandrecords.com/RRWebSite/

Study: HD Radio Awareness Picking Up
A recent telephone study by Mark Kassof & Co. reveals that 67% of adults
18-64 have heard of HD Radio. Kassof says this represents a dramatic
increase from a similar study they conducted in 2006, when only 38% had
heard of HD Radio.

Old September 13th 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Study: HD Radio Awareness Down

For the first time in electronics HISTORY, users can make, create and carry
their entire music collection in the palm of their hand. It's even small
enough for a child. Through an Iphone or similar wireless device, Last.Fm
can tag, create and remember your entire music collection! Again, an entire
music collection in the palm of your hand. And from any PC users can access
their music collection through Last.FM. I urge you to wipe the hype away
from your eyelids and read that paragraph again. Anybody who can admit the
truth will need a strong beverage to calm the nerves.

Now we have, radio a technology that's ok, but rather unremarkable compared
today's new standards users want. That's the 18-34's and 25-54's. Users are
held hostage to the shameless promos 8 spots in a row and voice tracking.
Someone else unknown to the user is arranging the music and suffers from a
compulsive disorder because the same music is played over and over. And all
the content sounds the same. I ask you to read the first paragraph again,
and honestly ask yourself, which standard would you pick,

Bla, bla, bla. In another survey, respondents said 51% admit they stay tuned
to radio even through all of those commercials and the rest (49%) ARE GONE!
Is that right? (49%) are gone! Ok I buy that. The real question is, after
the 6th or 7th or 8th spot has played, plus all the noise and promos, do
listeners have enough recall to remember the advertisers in the first place?
I find myself mentally tuning out. I can't remember, and have sat in my car
and counted all 8 spots that played in one stop set. That's 8 interruptions
for people who suffer from media over choice and lack of time.

The ship isn't sinking but it's sprung a few leaks and is taking on water.
The spin doctors will say, it's true your feet are getting wet but there's a
bright side for the ship. Meanwhile back at the ship the crew is thinking
the ship is sinking.

Going down with the ship sounds macho but I wouldn't wait for the water
level to reach the tip of my nose before deciding to make some changes and
plugging a few leaks.