Old September 13th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Tropical Storm Ike

Ike is now a tropical storm with winds near 60 mph.

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww4.html

http://www.hwn.org/data/TCPAT4.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires

And as always, don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company.

Old September 13th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 13, 8:01*pm, dxAce wrote:
Ike is now a tropical storm with winds near 60 mph.

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww4.html

http://www.hwn.org/data/TCPAT4.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires

And as always, don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company.

Thanks for those updates Ace - it has been very interesting following
Ike.
Still a very vicious storm - I have a lot of sympathy for those in
it's path, but at least the vast resources of the mighty U.S. of A.
are available to them.

JP
Old September 13th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 12:08:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sep 13, 8:01*pm, dxAce wrote:
Ike is now a tropical storm with winds near 60 mph.

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww4.html

http://www.hwn.org/data/TCPAT4.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires

And as always, don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company.

Thanks for those updates Ace - it has been very interesting following
Ike.
Still a very vicious storm - I have a lot of sympathy for those in
it's path, but at least the vast resources of the mighty U.S. of A.
are available to them.

JP

This morning I received a call from a cousin who is an RN in Houston.
They have all available staff at the hospital for a week - full time
living there. As of her call they had only a few folks admitted, the
emergency crews were just mobilizing and they expect admissions to
increase. Several of the hospitals are on generator power, some are
experiencing heavy water/weather leakage and the water supplies are
not safe at this point (those with water are being told to boil it
prior to use). Their concern is having sufficient clean water to
handle a heavy surgical load and cleaning injuries. Though not a
rosy report (would be great if all facilities had power and good water
& no weather leaks) they have already arranged for the damaged
hospitals to be the triage and low care level facilities with those in
better shape handling surgery and heavy trauma cases.

Old September 15th 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Sep 13, 8:01 pm, dxAce wrote:
Ike is now a tropical storm with winds near 60 mph.

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww4.html

http://www.hwn.org/data/TCPAT4.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires

And as always, don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company.

Thanks for those updates Ace - it has been very interesting following
Ike.
Still a very vicious storm - I have a lot of sympathy for those in
it's path, but at least the vast resources of the mighty U.S. of A.
are available to them.

Thanks John. Hopefully the bad storms will end for a while.

Even up here in Michigan we get the remnants of the storms. In the past two
weeks we've had over 2 feet of rain, first Gustav on the 4th... Lowell from the
eastern Pacific on the 12th into the 13th... followed by Ike on the 14th.

Old September 15th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

First rain we have had in my neighborhood in about a week and a half was
yesterday morning.It rained hard for about fifteen/twenty minutes.Next
chance of rain is Thursday, according to what the tv weather guy said
this morning.It is cooler weather here now.
cuhulin

Old September 15th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Even up here in Michigan we get the remnants of the storms. In the past two
weeks we've had over 2 feet of rain, first Gustav on the 4th... Lowell from the
eastern Pacific on the 12th into the 13th... followed by Ike on the 14th.

Some people have all the luck...
Old September 15th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A lot of that rain water is going to find it's way into the Mississippi
River.I think there will be more flooding down South.
cuhulin

Tropical Storm Fay [email protected] Shortwave 57 August 29th 08 08:35 PM
Tropical Storm Fay dxAce Shortwave 1 August 18th 08 10:46 PM
Tropical Storm Fay dxAce Shortwave 4 August 17th 08 11:57 PM
Tropical Storm Fay dxAce Shortwave 0 August 17th 08 11:24 AM
Tropical Storm Charley dxAce Shortwave 4 August 17th 04 07:52 PM