Old September 14th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SPECIAL: Zieg Heil!, Y'all!

Proposed new FBI rules draw civil liberties worries
Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:17pm EDT

Email | Print |
Share
| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (22)
[-] Text [+]

By James Vicini

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department unveiled proposed new
rules on Friday for FBI investigations, changes a civil liberties group
criticized for giving agents powers to investigate Americans without
proper suspicion.

In its first major change in years, the Justice Department proposed a
consolidated set of guidelines for domestic FBI operations, seeking to
apply the same rules for criminal and terrorism cases, and for
collecting foreign intelligence.

The guidelines were first adopted in the 1970s following disclosures
that the FBI under J. Edgar Hoover had run a widespread domestic
surveillance program that spied on civil rights activists and political
opponents.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...47176820080912
Old September 14th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 14, 8:55*am, Dave wrote:
Proposed new FBI rules draw civil liberties worries
Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:17pm EDT

Email | Print |
Share
| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (22)
[-] Text [+]

By James Vicini

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department unveiled proposed new
rules on Friday for FBI investigations, changes a civil liberties group
criticized for giving agents powers to investigate Americans without
proper suspicion.

In its first major change in years, the Justice Department proposed a
consolidated set of guidelines for domestic FBI operations, seeking to
apply the same rules for criminal and terrorism cases, and for
collecting foreign intelligence.

The guidelines were first adopted in the 1970s following disclosures
that the FBI under J. Edgar Hoover had run a widespread domestic
surveillance program that spied on civil rights activists and political
opponents.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...47176820080912

Very revealing how you so convientiently omitted the ACLU from your
post:

"The American Civil Liberties Union expressed concern the rewritten
rules had been drafted in a way to allow the FBI to begin surveillance
without factual evidence to back it up."

ACLU - Established in 1920 by Roger Baldwin (who candidly stated that
"Communism [was] the goal" toward which his efforts were directed),
Much more http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/g...asp?grpid=6145
Old September 14th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Very revealing how you so [conveniently] omitted the ACLU from your
post:

Only to you. I am concerned, but I am not now, nor have I ever been a
Communist (not that there's anything wrong with it...)
Old September 14th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SPECIAL: Liberal Fascist Hiel Hitler!

On Sep 14, 10:20*am, Dave wrote:
wrote:
Very revealing how you so [conveniently] omitted the ACLU from your
post:

Only to you. *I am concerned, but I am not now, nor have I ever been a
Communist (not that there's anything wrong with it...)

"About three years ago JOHN MCCAIN became probably the first
politician who declared the CIA a 'rogue agency.'"

"(...) the place [CIA] became more liberal in the 1990s as the agency
pushed out hundreds of longtime employees and the Clintonites put
their people in place."

http://www.enterstageright.com/archi...07scarboroughi...

author of "Sabotage - America's Enemies Within The CIA"

http://www.amazon.com/Sabotage-Ameri.../dp/1596985100

How current and former CIA officers fueled conspiracy theories that
President Bush orchestrated the 9/11 attacks on America

How a CIA leak to the New York Times deprived the U.S. of critical
information in the War on Terror

How press leaks by the CIA have damaged relations with our foreign
allies in the WAr on Terror

How a CIA analyst worked with Democrats to sabotage the nomination of
John Bolton to tha UN

HOW CLINTON'S DOWNSIZING OF THE CIA LED TO THE CLOSING OF STATIONS IN
SCORES OF JIHADIST BREEDING GROUNDS - INCLUDING HAMBURG, GERMANY,
WHERE THE 9/11 PLOT WAS HATCHED.

"We are really still paying for what happened to the CIA and the
whole
intelligence community in the 90s. For example, the CIA structure in
Indonesia, the largest Muslim country in the world, was down to a
handful of officers by the end of the 90s. The CIA closed scores of
bases during the 90s, all over the world, including in Hamburg,
Germany -- the place where the 9/11 plot really began, and where
radicalized Muslims were really cropping up in Europe."

"Secondly, in the 90s we did not invest in technology to eavesdrop on
these people, and in Sabotage I explain that the National Security
Agency has been playing catch-up to try to come up with new
technologies to match e-mail and the Internet. These two things
burgeoned in the 90s, and they paralleled the rise of radical Islam.
But NASA’s budget was going down, the CIA’s budget was going down. We
just didn’t keep up."

"About three years ago JOHN MCCAIN became probably the first
politician who declared the CIA a 'rogue agency.' And it is because
inside the CIA, the bureaucracy at Langley had a priority of leaking
and stopping Bush administration programs, rather than following the
policy directives of the White House. And we’ve seen that in
countless
leaks about terrorist surveillance programs, the prisons where they
were trying to interrogate top-ranking al Qaeda prisoners, in station
reports from Baghdad. When Porter Goss took over the CIA in 2004,
really trying to reform it, what happened? He died by a million
leaks.
It was a cut every day, until Porter Goss by 2006 actually was forced
out.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21538

"As violence in Iraq mounted, CIA officers rarely left their
protected
station in the heavily secured Green Zone of Baghdad...It was no
surprise that the CIA failed to penetrate the insurgent organizations
in Iraq. Officers were heard complaining about their assignment to
Iraq and about ‘Bush's war.' Army general George Casey, the top U.S.
commander in Iraq, complained that CIA analytical reports were
superficial, and that topics raised in the reports were not pursued."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...arborough.html
Old September 14th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Liberal Fascist?? Looks like RHF has another sockpuppet!!

On Sep 14, 2:02*pm, wrote:
On Sep 14, 10:20*am, Dave wrote:

wrote:
[...]

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...e_rowan_scarbo...

First of all, the term: "Liberal Fascist" cannot be by correct any
definition. But, I look at who posted it and just shake my head.

You really are quite the republican puppet aren't you?

Old September 14th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Sep 14, 2:02 pm, wrote:
On Sep 14, 10:20 am, Dave wrote:

wrote:
[...]

And you are in Obama's pocket, boy. He plays with you when he scratches his
Marxist balls.

Old September 14th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On Sep 14, 10:20 am, Dave wrote:
wrote:
Very revealing how you so [conveniently] omitted the ACLU from your
post:

Only to you. I am concerned, but I am not now, nor have I ever been a
Communist (not that there's anything wrong with it...)

"About three years ago JOHN MCCAIN became probably the first
politician who declared the CIA a 'rogue agency.'"

"(...) the place [CIA] became more liberal in the 1990s as the agency
pushed out hundreds of longtime employees and the Clintonites put
their people in place."

Bush replaced career civil servants with unqualified political
appointees in every federal agency, including CIA. We will be very
lucky to undo the damage in time.

Colonel Kwiatkowski is a friend of Lew Rockwell, who works for the Von
Mises Institute, who you frequently cite.

Kwiatkowski, 43, a now-retired Air Force officer who served in the
Pentagon's Near East and South Asia (NESA) unit in the year before the
invasion of Iraq, observed how the Pentagon's Iraq war-planning unit
manufactured scare stories about Iraq's weapons and ties to terrorists.
"It wasn't intelligence‚ -- it was propaganda," she says. "They'd take a
little bit of intelligence, cherry-pick it, make it sound much more
exciting, usually by taking it out of context, often by juxtaposition of
two pieces of information that don't belong together." It was by turning
such bogus intelligence into talking points for U.S. officials‚ --
including ominous lines in speeches by President Bush and Vice President
Cheney, along with Secretary of State Colin Powell's testimony at the
U.N. Security Council last February‚ -- that the administration pushed
American public opinion into supporting an unnecessary war.

Until now, the story of how the Bush administration produced its wildly
exaggerated estimates of the threat posed by Iraq has never been
revealed in full. But, for the first time, a detailed investigation by
Mother Jones, based on dozens of interviews‚ -- some on the record, some
with officials who insisted on anonymity‚ -- exposes the workings of a
secret Pentagon intelligence unit and of the Defense Department's
war-planning task force, the Office of Special Plans. It's the story of
a close-knit team of ideologues who spent a decade or more hammering out
plans for an attack on Iraq and who used the events of September 11,
2001, to set it into motion.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feat...01/12_405.html
Old September 15th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

All democrats and libs have a Disease.It's called the Sick in the Head
disease.
cuhulin

Old September 15th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SPECIAL: Colonel Klink Hiel Hitler!

Dr.DaviD-PhD, you remind me of those poor unfortunate ignorant souls,
oops, beings that receive all of their thoughts and information from a
single government source - The Chinese Coomunist Party.

Have you ever tried to carry on a conversation with a lifelong
mainland resident? It is like talking to a 10 year old child. That
is what you remind me of.

Colonel Kwiatkowski

A COLONEL!? LMFAO!!! Colonel as in Colonel Klink! Heil Hitler!
ROTFLMAO!

Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, formerly of the Department of Defense,
claims that George W. Bush toppled Saddam Hussein because Hussein's
trade under the abused Oil-for-Food program was conducted in Euros,
rather than dollars. This move by Saddam, she said, could cause
"almost glacial shifts in confidence in trading on the dollar...(so)
one of the first executive orders that Bush signed in May (2003)
switched trading on Iraq's oil back to the dollar." She also
circulates Lyndon LaRouche's rhetoric to the credulous, Hate America
Left, and she carved a handy (and, no doubt, profitable) niche for
herself on the domestic left-wing, as a result.

Who is this Karen Kwiatkowski, this pundit who came seemingly out of
nowhere to elicit praise and collaboration from the elite media organs
of the Left? She first became prominent for saying what Donald
Rumsfeld's critics believed all along: that forces of appeasement in
the Department of Defense (the "non-violent lobby," as the Left would
have it) were thwarted by the nefarious forces clustered around the
Office of Special Plans, whose policies are designed only to defend
Israel.

A recently retired USAF lieutenant colonel, Kwiatkowski is making a
name for herself in the media, writing for the American Conservative,
Salon, LewRockwell.com, MilitaryWeek.Com and a growing list of leftist
publications. Left-wing organs pass her off as the quintessential
"good soldier," a Pentagon staffer who was so appalled by the run-up
to Operation Iraqi Freedom that she resigned in protest. Kwiatkowski
spent her last four-and-a-half years in uniform working at the
Pentagon. Her active service closed with a stint from May 2002 through
February 2003 in the office of the Undersecretary of Defense for
Policy, Near East/South Asia and Special Plans. Kwiatkowski's
popularity shows the growing confluence between the Old Right and the
Hate America Left.

Kwiatkowski began as a columnist for LewRockwell.com, a website
devoted to the legacy of libertarian economist Murray Rothbard and
other vanity political concerns. The pairing seemed odd from the
start. Kwiatkowski deriving the bulk of her reported income by working
for the army. Her other credentials were earned working for the
federal government, yet she feels at home on a site whose intellectual
forebears have written about the dangers of large standing armies and
long to dissolve entire sectors of the government. It's strange that
someone who worked to defend foreign nations ended up on a website
with articles like "Socialism and Foreign Aid." And her parroting of
the site's claim that the current war is the work of Zionist hustlers
would seem opposed to the detachment necessary for military planning.

How far is Kwiatkowski willing to go to undo and undermine her former
colleagues at the Pentagon? A recent interview with the leftist
tabloid LA Weekly has been prominently featured at terrorist-
sympathizer site aljazeerah.info, nestled amidst headlines like
"Israeli Daily Aggression on the Palestinian people," "Occupational
Depravity American Style" and "Palestine's Dance of Life Defeats
Israel's Dance of Death."

Her interview with Marc Cooper is notable. To sum up, the self-
proclaimed "lifelong conservative" was appalled by the
"neoconservative coup" and its "relentless push for war with Iraq."
Though U.S. military operations in Iraq, like the enforcement of
Clintonian sanctions (which, the Left never tires of telling us, were
responsible for thousands of innocent Iraqi deaths) and No-Fly Zones,
continued from the end of Desert Storm, Kwiatkowski isn't concerned
about that. Rather, she complained that she had no influence over
Iraqi policy from her position as an expert on North Africa.

A good soldier would've done what she was told and handled her area of
expertise. But the ambitious Kwiatkowski had other plans. Purportedly
to preserve her sanity, she began writing "funny, short essays" and
sending them to David Hackworth's Soldiers for the Truth website. And
so a writer was born.

A look at some of Kwiatkowski's quips illuminates both the tone of the
interview and the impact of her work: "Karl Rove…I suggest building a
fire line post haste. The neo-conservative and Straussian imperialists
in this administration, for the first time perhaps, will serve
magnificently." She carped that "big-spending, war-mongering, Empire-
seeking and ultra-Nixonian secret keeper Dick Cheney is the ugly spawn
of a Party that once articulated small government." In her estimation,
Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz were "fools" while the embattled Douglas Feith
was simply "foul."

She gave her interviewer, Marc Cooper, much latitude to condemn the
Pentagon that currently pays her pension. Cooper was unchallenged when
referring to Abe Shulsky of the OSP as the "overseeing monitor of the
propaganda flow"; in fact, she played into one of the Left's favorite
conspiracy theories, asserting that Shulsky "is a neoconservative…he
has that Straussian academic perspective."

When not dangling Leo Strauss before leftists, in the manner of Lyndon
LaRouche, she also pursues the War-for-Oil conspiracy. In the LA
Weekly interview, she contends George W. Bush's "elective" war may
have been waged because of the international petroleum marketing:

"The switch Saddam Hussein made in the Food for Oil [sic.] program,
from the dollar to the euro. He did this, by the way, long before
9/11, in November 2000.... If oil, a very solid commodity, is traded
on the euro, that could cause massive, almost glacial, shifts in
confidence in trading on the dollar. So one of the first executive
orders that Bush signed in May [2003] switched trading on Iraq's oil
back to the dollar."

Like the foreign policy pronouncements of so many of this writer's
former paleoconservative friends, Kwiatkowski's assertions contradict
themselves many times over. Yet Kwiatkowski's work has been cited by
dissident journalist after dissident journalist. Pat Buchanan, Jason
Vest, and Eric Alterman have been just a few of the names to take her
accounts of the prewar gamesmanship in the Pentagon as Gospel. Still,
succor from the far ends of the political spectrum doesn't buy a
journalist much credibility - only access to the mainstream press
would do that.

Happily for Kwiatkowski, such credibility was conferred upon her. The
left-liberal Salon.com introduced her to its readers and embraced a
new promotional gimmick simultaneously on March 10. This was pulled
off an enthusiastic verve that would make Kwiatkowski the envy of most
virgin contributors: "Welcome, MoveOn members, to Salon! Our new
Washington bureau brings you this report from within the belly of the
Bush administration beast - an eyewitness account of how radical
ideologues hijacked the American government along the road to war in
Iraq. Salon usually requires readers to watch a short ad or subscribe
in order to view a complete article, but we thought this story was
just too important - so we're giving you full access without further
ado."

In her work for Salon, as with her work for American Conservative,
Kwiatkowski lived up to such advance billing with her unsparing look
into the "belly of the beast" and the "radical ideologues" who
"hijacked the American government." Salon readers and MoveOn members
read how pernicious was her "duty in a strange new country, observing
up close and personal a process of decision making for war not
sanctioned by the Constitution."

It is difficult to overstate the importance of a figure like
Kwiatkowski. For one, her former position in the DOD lends her
(unwarranted) credibility as an "insider." As a conservative, she
gives leftists who cite her added legitimacy. The motifs scored by
Kwiatkowski, Justin "Mossad Conspiracy" Raimondo and Pat "Whose War?"
Buchanan are toxic to our troops in harm's way; internal dissension
emboldens the terrorists and endangers the public's political support
of our troops.

But just as important in evaluating Kwiatkowski's legacy when it is
finally written is looking at her work and answering the following
question: what is she really trying to say? She advances the shared
anti-American views of Lyndon LaRouche and George Soros, claiming
opposition to U.S. "militarism" is the last bastion of true
patriotism. In other words, the terrorists are right: we have met the
enemy, and he is us.

is a friend of Lew Rockwell, who works for the Von
Mises Institute, who you frequently cite.

and works of which you have never read a single sentance.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feat...01/12_405.html

January/February 2004 Issue LOL
You cite me an 5 year old article that has been completely debunked
long ago from a source in bed with Neo-Communist Liberal Fascists!
Yawn.

Mother Jones is a bimonthly magazine and website named for socialist
"union organizer" Mary Harris "Mother" Jones (1830-1930). It prides
itself on continuing her pursuit of socialist "social justice" by
doing investigative reporting that mostly targets corporations,
capitalists, private property, and Republican political officeholders.

Well-known leftist editors and writers on this magazine's masthead
include Todd Gitlin, Molly Ivins, Bill McKibben, Richard Rodriguez,
William Saletan, Orville Schell, Eric Schlosser, and Amy Wilentz.

Mother Jones began taking shape in 1974 when the Watergate scandal was
demonstrating how investigative reporting could weaken and oust a
Republican President elected by an overwhelming majority. Its genesis
was a failed attempt to save the reigning radical magazine of the day,
Ramparts. Ramparts editor David Horowitz had put together a team
consisting of labor journalist Paul Jacobs, leftist entrepreneur
Richard Parker, and leftist millionaire Adam Hochschild to take over
Ramparts from its retiring editors, Horowitz and Peter Collier. When
the trio had a falling out with Ramparts staffers, they elected to
leave and create their own magazine, which became Mother Jones.

The magazine was launched in February 1976.

Mother Jones focuses heavily on the evils of capitalism and the
alleged desirability of government control over business. On a global
level, the magazine reserves its harshest condemnations for the U.S.
and Israel, and is staunchly supportive of Marxist regimes like Fidel
Castro's Cuba.

In 1986 Mother Jones hired a young Michigan underground newspaper
founder named Michael Moore as its Editor. Five months later, Moore
was fired after he rejected an article by socialist Paul Berman, a
piece that Moore claimed was "unfairly critical" of the Sandinista
dictatorship in Nicaragua. Moore sued, claiming wrongful dismissal. He
pocketed $58,000 in an out-of-court settlement of his lawsuit, then
used the money to produce his first film documentary, "Roger and Me."

The Mother Jones magazine and website are owned by the non-profit, tax-
exempt Foundation for National Progress (FNP), a 501(c)(3) "public-
interest media organization." FNP has been supported by other left-
leaning foundations, among them the Bill Moyers-run Schumann Center
for Media and Democracy, the Arca Foundation, the Joyce Foundation,
the Streisand Foundation, the Irving Harris Foundation, Kansas City
Community Foundation, the Lannan Foundation, the David and Lucile
Packard Foundation, and the Park Foundation. In 2000, the magazine,
website and Foundation took in (from grants, donations, subscriptions,
newsstand sales, rental of its mailing lists. and advertising) nearly
$6 million. From 2002 to 2004, FNP received $410,000 in foundation
grants.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/g...asp?grpid=6959
Old September 15th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 14, 2:29*pm, wrote:
On Sep 14, 2:02*pm, wrote:

On Sep 14, 10:20*am, Dave wrote:

wrote:
[...]