Old September 24th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default C. Crane

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:13:40 GMT, m II wrote:
I have a few well chosen words about CC Crane. I purchased a
Sangean ATS 909 and after trying it out for a few days I took the
batteries out and stored in my truck in case of emergency.
After 4 months I replaced the batteries and tried to use it, the
speaker was terrible, very poor audio. I called Crane and told
them about the speaker, I was told to return it and they would
repair it for a cost of $ 87.00.
this for a radio that cost me $ 249.00, I contacted Sangean by
E-mail and expressed my opinion of their products.
I will never buy a Crane product again
Old September 25th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:01:26 -0500, Aezael wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:13:40 GMT, m II wrote:
I have a few well chosen words about CC Crane. I purchased a
Sangean ATS 909 and after trying it out for a few days I took the
batteries out and stored in my truck in case of emergency.
After 4 months I replaced the batteries and tried to use it, the
speaker was terrible, very poor audio. I called Crane and told
them about the speaker, I was told to return it and they would
repair it for a cost of $ 87.00.
this for a radio that cost me $ 249.00, I contacted Sangean by
E-mail and expressed my opinion of their products.
I will never buy a Crane product again

If it worked okay before storing it in the truck, then maybe your
truck storage is the problem.

bob
k5qwg
Old September 27th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

the radio had a bad speaker and should have never been sold.
It sounded OK when you bought it didn't it or did you buy it knowing it
sounded like crap?
The climate inside of a vehicle can range from damp during the night or
rainy periods to downright arrid conditions such as that experienced when
left in the direct sunlight for even a short while. Quite an extreme range
of both temperature and humidity. "After 4 months" of this kind of abuse
it's a wonder it played at all.
Unless you parked your truck in an area where the environment was controlled
in such a way that it wouldn't diminish or change the radios manufactured
characteristics in anyway and can prove it, then I would have to say that
you sir, are **** out'a luck!

aezael wrote in message ...
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:53:54 -0500, Bob Miller
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:01:26 -0500, Aezael wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:13:40 GMT, m II wrote:
I have a few well chosen words about CC Crane. I purchased a
Sangean ATS 909 and after trying it out for a few days I took the
batteries out and stored in my truck in case of emergency.
After 4 months I replaced the batteries and tried to use it, the
speaker was terrible, very poor audio. I called Crane and told
them about the speaker, I was told to return it and they would
repair it for a cost of $ 87.00.
this for a radio that cost me $ 249.00, I contacted Sangean by
E-mail and expressed my opinion of their products.
I will never buy a Crane product again

If it worked okay before storing it in the truck, then maybe your
truck storage is the problem.

bob
k5qwg

I have had a lot of experience with communications and have never
seen a radio that could deteriorate within 4 months of storage in a
dry environment, no ! the radio had a bad speaker and should have
never been sold.

C. Crane J. B. Wood Shortwave 3 September 24th 08 09:38 PM
The C. Crane Co. CCRadio Plus Dave Pitzer Antenna 15 November 18th 05 02:54 AM
C Crane problem the captain Shortwave 5 October 15th 04 05:24 PM
CRANE, MO. HAMFEST! 8-2-03 Big Red Swap 1 August 3rd 03 03:16 AM
CRANE, MO. HAMFEST 8-2-03 Big Red Equipment 0 August 1st 03 07:52 PM