Old September 26th 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Proposal for FM Translators for AM Stations Deleted From FCC Agenda

"Proposal for FM Translators for AM Stations Deleted From FCC Agenda -
Along With Many Other Broadcast Items"

Tomorrow's FCC meeting was to consider the proposal to allow AM
stations to use FM translators on a permanent basis (see our post
here). However, it is not going to happen - the FCC released a Public
Notice today removing that item from the agenda for tomorrow's
meeting. While a number of other items were also withdrawn from the
agenda, most of them were decisions on specific cases which are not
routinely decided at open meetings, and most of these matters were
decided on circulation (i.e. voted on by the Commissioners without a
meeting). Two more general items, one dealing with a simplification
of AM proof of performance procedures and another with requests for
reconsideration of the FCC's noncommercial comparative standards, have
also been decided on circulation (and we will report on these
decisions when the decisions are released). But the item on FM
translators for AM stations was pulled from the agenda, and has
apparently not been decided by the FCC.

Rumors that this item would be pulled circulated last week at the NAB
Radio Show. We have always expressed concerns that this item would be
held up by pressure put on the FCC by LPFM advocates who fear more
demand for FM translators from AM stations will make it harder for
LPFM applicants to find open channels. We have no idea if this is in
fact the reason for the deletion of the item from tomorrow's agenda,
and will have to wait to see when the matter reappears for final
consideration.

http://tinyurl.com/3oy3fr

Ha! Ha! **** you, Eduardo!
Old September 26th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 26, 11:11*am, KaitoWRX911 wrote:
[...]

AM/MW Radio Stations Don't Need FM Translators :
They Need To Move To An Expanded FM Radio Band [.]

Wake-Up FCC Expand The FM Radio Band - Do It Now !

Expand the FM Radio Band
-by- Moving AM's to Old TV Channels 5 & 6 !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...403d27fe07c27f
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...eec9db49629a49