Old September 27th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Smearing plastic over LED readout panel

Hello.
I wiped some alcohol over the plastic panel readout and it smeared
the panel getting it off.
Any remedies to clear the plastic?
Thank you,
Mike
Old September 27th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 27, 11:21*am, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
Hello.
* I wiped some alcohol over the plastic panel readout and it smeared
the panel getting it off.
Any remedies to clear the plastic?

I've used toothpaste before to polish up some plastic (but not readouts). Other
than that, I do know that there is some pro stuff out there that works, just
can't remember the name.

You might want to Google plastic polish.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have heard cigarette ashes mixed into a watery paste and used as a
polishing rub.
Or a gritty toothpaste like Crest Pro-Health may be worth a try.
Old September 27th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.novuspolish.com/
If these can't get you out of trouble then they(Novus) may be able to make a
very similar faceplate for you. 'Just a simple talk of copying yours and
letting them cut the plastic. They do apparently make dispay stands etc.
per customers needs.

Old September 27th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Sorry about the typo's....time for a new keyboard!
http://www.novuspolish.com/
If these can't get you out of trouble then they(Novus) may be able to make a
very similar faceplate for you. 'Just a simple task of copying yours and
letting "them" cut the plastic. They do apparently make display stands etc.
per customers needs.

Old September 27th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Hello.
I wiped some alcohol over the plastic panel readout and it smeared
the panel getting it off.
Any remedies to clear the plastic?
Thank you,
Mike

An acrylic polish might help.
Old September 27th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Hello.
I wiped some alcohol over the plastic panel readout and it smeared
the panel getting it off.
Any remedies to clear the plastic?
Thank you,
Mike

Novus #2...or if that doesn't work, replace the piece.
Old September 29th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 27, 6:10*pm, Billy Burpelson wrote:
wrote:
Hello.
* I wiped some alcohol over the plastic panel readout and it smeared
the panel getting it off.
Any remedies to clear the plastic?
Thank you,
Mike

Novus #2...or if that doesn't work, replace the piece.

Thank you for the reply
Mike Mc M.
Old September 29th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 27, 12:18*pm, wrote:
Hello.
* I wiped some alcohol over the plastic panel readout and it smeared
the panel getting it off.
Any remedies to clear the plastic?
Thank you,
Mike

Your local auto parts store sells a commercial product that will wipe
clean and clear an old plastic lens that’s weather beaten from the
sun and so on.

PIC Based Freq Readout Howard Homebrew 2 January 8th 06 03:07 AM
FA: LED Readout Panel-For Building a Large Digital Clock-No Reserve $1.00 !Lou Equipment 0 July 22nd 05 11:32 PM
FA: LED Readout Panel-For Building a Large Digital Clock-No Reserve $1.00 !Lou Swap 0 July 22nd 05 11:32 PM
WTB DIGITAL READOUT john and steph Boatanchors 0 September 19th 04 03:06 AM
digital readout for DX-160 lavozdelsinu Shortwave 3 June 15th 04 09:37 PM