Old October 8th 08, 09:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Universal has a Frog 7 w/Collins filter

Bob Dobbs wrote:

BDK wrote:

I'll roll the dice..

...and when you're tooling around town with that old '78 Safeway
lookin' fer cans, it's gonna get heavy but OTOH if you choose to divest
and collapse doesn't occur, you're gonna feel like a real fool.
Better hope those dice roll true ;-)

Should have divested last year and gone to cash or cash equivalents!

When the dust settles there will be a lot of money to be made. At the same time,
there is a lot of money to be made every day, and some folks are indeed doing it
even as the markets go down.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires
I swear by, not at, Drake receivers.

And, as always, don't do business with The Huntington Investment Company.

Old October 8th 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Should have divested last year and gone to cash or cash equivalents!

Probably the best solution, but not without its faults...

If you are in Money Market funds... two weeks ago one of the brokerage
houses declared a 'bank holiday' on their MM fund: said no withdrawals
for a week and then after that, they would give you 97 cents on the
dollar. That was only the opening round. I expect we will see worse than
that.

If you are in CDs or any other FDIC insured vehicle, once there are a
lot of bank failures, the FDIC won't have the actual cash on hand to pay
what they are insuring, will then crank up the printing presses and pay
us back in devalued dollars. And yes, this scenario will affect you even
if you have your cash in an old sock under the mattress -- it will be
devalued too.

As I type this (1130 UTC), the foreign markets have taken a big dump and
the 'futures' don't bode well for when our market opens in a few hours.
The Financial Feces are really hitting the fan.

Hang on boys and girls, we're in for a rough ride... :-(

Old October 8th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Hang on boys and girls, we're in for a rough ride... :-(

Buying Opportunity!

You'll need a solvent currency to buy things.
Old October 8th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Hang on boys and girls, we're in for a rough ride... :-(

Buying Opportunity!

You'll need a solvent currency to buy things.

And you'll need a brain, 'tard boy!