Old October 12th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HYPOCRITE? WHO ME?? HOW DARE YOU!!!

And I resent the hell out of all you who are attacking me for being
one! Yes I am a conservative small government Republican.

And yes I have always voted to place in power individuals who insured
that you, the hard working taxpayer who paid for my existence, never
received the gravy train of benefits and job security I received for
32 years as a government bureaucrat.

And no I will not apologize for asking you to pony up $700,000,000,000
to rescue my generous government pension which my 401k stock portfolio
is tied into.

And yes I am a fervent free market survival of the fittest capitalist.
But this taxpayer bailout is different because it involves me and my
stock portfolio.

And no that doesn't make me a hypocrite because I am just looking out
for me and my family. All my adult life me and my family have enjoyed
a very comfortable lifestyle courtesy of you the taxpayer and we
deserve to continue to do so.

Enough said. Case closed. I win.

As always I'm just another plain old Mister-Know-It-All !
Retired, Healthy and Free ! -Hey- That's Me ) ~ RHF
Click on my profile to find out more about me, aren't I something!

Roy

Government Employee Benefits

Federal workers enjoy top-flight benefits

http://usgovinfo.about.com/blbenefits.htm

Working for the Federal Government - Benefits
Federal government employees enjoy a wide range of "family-friendly"
benefits that go far beyond insurance and retirement. Each agency is
free to offer its own benefits package. The following is a sample of
the benefits available to permanent Federal employee.

* Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS): http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.htm
Benefits based on amount of service and salary history.

* Thrift Savings Plan (TSP): http://www.tsp.gov/
Multiple investment options similar to a 401(k) plan.

* Social Security: http://www.ssa.gov
Credit earned while working with the Government. Retirement
benefits, disability protection, and survivor protection.

* Medicare - Part A: http://www.medicare.gov
Available to you at no cost at age 65.

* Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB):
http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
No waiting periods, required medical exam, or age/physical
condition restrictions.

* Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI):
http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.htm
Group term life insurance - Basic life insurance and three
options (Standard, Additional, and Family).

* Leave and Holidays: http://www.opm.gov/oca/index.htm
13 days sick leave each year; 13, 20, or 26 days of vacation
leave each year, depending on years of service; 10 days paid holiday
each year.

* Family Friendly Flexibilities: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.htm
Flexible Work Schedules; Telecommuting; Family Friendly Leave
Policies; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Part-Time & Job Sharing
Positions; Child & Elder Care Resources Adoption Information/
Incentives; Child Support Services.

* Work/Life Programs: http://www.opm.gov.ehs.eappage.asp
Every Federal agency has an Employee Assistance Program (EAP),
which has a goal to restore employees to full productivity. More
specifically, the EAP provides free, confidential short term
counseling to identify the employee's problem and, when appropriate,
make a referral to an outside organization, facility, or program that
can assist the employee in resolving his or her problem.

* Recruitment Bonus: http://www.opm.gov/oca/pay/html/recbonfs.htm
Lump-sum bonus to newly appointed employees for difficult-to-
fill positions. Up to 25% of basic pay may be paid prior to employee
entering on duty. Service agreement with repayment plan if service
time not fulfilled.

* Relocation Bonus: http://www.opm.gov/oca/pay/html/relbonfs.htm
Lump-sum bonus for difficult-to-fill position in a different
commuting area; up to 25% of basic pay. Service agreement with
repayment plan if service time not fulfilled.

* Retention Allowance: http://www.opm.gov/oca/pay/html/retallfs.htm
Continuing payment to retain departing employees; up to 25% of
basic pay.

* Incentive Awards: http://www.opm.gov/perform/honorawd.htm
Monetary; Time off; Honorary; Non-monetary

* Employee Development: http://www.opm.gov/hrd/index.htm
Career Resource Centers; Training Opportunities

* Supportive of Community Service: http://www.opm.gov/cfc/index.htm
Annual Combined Federal Campaign

* Inter-agency Transfers: www.usajobs.opm.gov/EI5.asp
Transfer from one Federal agency/position to another without a
break in service.

* Student Loan Repayment: http://www.opm.gov/oca/pay/studentloan/
Permits agencies to repay the student loans of Federal
employees; used at the discretion of the agency.

* Long Term Care Insurance Program: http://www.ltcfeds.com
John Hancock and MetLife formed Long Term Care Partners, a
jointly owned new company exclusively dedicated to serving the long
term care insurance needs of the Federal Family.

* Tuition Assistance: http://www.opm.gov/wrkfam/html/FAS.asp
Tuition assistance is money offered to Federal employees to help
pay for their classes when it is part of their training and it
directly relates to the employees'/students official duties.