Old October 24th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default MORE crap from Alaska!

ARRL is trying to stop the DART station that Stevens
stole our tax dollars for. I should have realized, when
you own the FCC, you can do anything you want. money
talks. more QRM.

Drifter...

http://www.eham.net/articles/20339

maybe cut and paste.
Old October 24th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Drifter" wrote in message
m...
ARRL is trying to stop the DART station that Stevens
stole our tax dollars for. I should have realized, when
you own the FCC, you can do anything you want. money
talks. more QRM.

Drifter...

http://www.eham.net/articles/20339

Whatever happened to the 'no domestic SW service' rule??

Old October 24th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Great News for Alaska DART [DRM] Test Broadcasting

On Oct 23, 8:14*pm, Drifter wrote:
ARRL is trying to stop the DART station that Stevens
stole our tax dollars for. I should have realized, when
you own the FCC, you can do anything you want. money
talks. more QRM.

Drifter...

*http://www.eham.net/articles/20339

maybe cut and paste.

Drifter - "It About The Greater Good"
[Good Is Good and That's All Good :]
Old October 24th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

.
Great News for Alaska DART [DRM] Test Broadcasting
.
The Lord Obama Has Proclaimed :
The Needs of the Many {Citizens of Alaska}
[Population of Alaska ~670,000]
Outweigh the Lives of the Few {Hams}
[Total USA Amateur Radio Operators ~650,000
with may be 5% in Alaska 32.500]
Ratio 20 Citizens to 1 Amateur
-so- the Citizens Win Twenty-to-One [20:1]
.
THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE BE DONE
.

People in Alaska are like people everywhere; they have no need for more
radio. It figures you'd go along with it, as you have never met a
government program that you didn't like.
Old October 24th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Drifter" wrote in message
m...
ARRL is trying to stop the DART station that Stevens
stole our tax dollars for. I should have realized, when
you own the FCC, you can do anything you want. money
talks. more QRM.

Drifter...

http://www.eham.net/articles/20339

Whatever happened to the 'no domestic SW service' rule??

The rule isn't enforced. I'd like to know if it's actually enforcable.

The subject came up on a RW article:

All in all, U.S. SW broadcasters operate in a strange, Twilight Zone kind of
world, but one that they relish. Passport's Magne believes that U.S.
shortwave broadcasters enjoy it so much that they don't want the FCC to
loosen its archaic restrictions on domestic shortwave.

"The truth is that they like it the way it is," he said. "If the rules were
changed, it could open the floodgates to more competition."

An unfair accusation? Not according to WRMI's White.

"We discussed changing the rules at the National Association of Shortwave
Broadcasters' convention a few years ago," he said. "In fact, the FCC asked
for our help in doing so. However, after some discussion, a lot of people
came to Magne's conclusion: that we're all better off just leaving things as
they are. After all, under the current regime, the FCC pretty much leaves us
alone. If the rules were changed, then they might get serious about
enforcing them."

http://www.rwonline.com/reference-ro...rtwave_2.shtml

Frank Dresser

Old October 25th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Frank Dresser wrote:

[...]

Frank. you do know the transmitters they are fooling with are
4 of the old seimens- OTH units? i can't remember the freqs
from back in those bad old days. but, this testing is dead
in the middle of the 40M band. if you read the postings on
eHam, it sounds like there is morn to this than meets the eye.
why would the FCC give an exp license to a small company
that trains miners? i though back in the spring it was just a
Stevens money give away to a few friends. now i'm not so sure.
i'm thinking this may be some gov set-up. OTH has been reported
out of Russia and Canada. possible, heating up over the polar
ice caps. every one has claims up there. whatever comes of this,
i see a lot of QRM coming our way.

Drifter...

Old October 25th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 24, 6:02*am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Oct 23, 8:14 pm, Drifter wrote:
ARRL is trying to stop the DART station that Stevens
stole our tax dollars for. I should have realized, when
you own the FCC, you can do anything you want. money
talks. more QRM.

Drifter...

*http://www.eham.net/articles/20339

maybe cut and paste.

Drifter - "It About The Greater Good"
[Good Is Good and That's All Good :]
*.
Great News for Alaska DART [DRM] Test Broadcasting
*.
The Lord Obama Has Proclaimed :
The Needs of the Many {Citizens of Alaska}
[Population of Alaska ~670,000]
Outweigh the Lives of the Few {Hams}
[Total USA Amateur Radio Operators ~650,000
with may be 5% in Alaska 32.500]
Ratio 20 Citizens to 1 Amateur
-so- the Citizens Win Twenty-to-One [20:1]
*.
THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE BE DONE
*.

- People in Alaska are like people everywhere; *
- they have no need for more radio. *It figures
- you'd go along with it, as you have never met
- a government program that you didn't like.

Dave - I can name one Government Program and
Agency that I don't like : Income Tax and the IRS

(OT) Take a tour of Beautiful Wasilla Alaska [email protected] Shortwave 0 September 9th 08 10:37 PM
(OT) Alaska? Art Harris Shortwave 45 September 1st 08 10:49 PM
DRM for Alaska on SW? David Eduardo[_4_] Shortwave 36 May 10th 08 08:26 AM
Need Alaska for WAS! Anyone available f/Sked on 20m? W2KRP Dx 5 August 3rd 07 08:04 PM
KNLS Alaska A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 April 20th 04 07:22 PM