RadioBanter

-   -   National RF-B65D (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/137982-national-rf-b65d.html)

rad200 October 28th 08 02:56 AM

National RF-B65D

My RF-B65D has become non-functional. When I first power up the radio everything is normal but after 30 seconds or so the receiving frequency starts wondering around (like sweeping around the band). I think it is happening for all bands although it is very obvious for FM (with known strong stations around). I can't control the frequency via the buttons or the knob. Has anyone experience this before or maybe can guide me on what to check?

user[_3_] October 28th 08 10:17 AM

National RF-B65D

rad200 wrote:

My RF-B65D has become non-functional. When I first power up the radio
everything is normal but after 30 seconds or so the receiving frequency
starts wondering around (like sweeping around the band). I think it is
happening for all bands although it is very obvious for FM (with known
strong stations around). I can't control the frequency via the buttons
or the knob. Has anyone experience this before or maybe can guide me on
what to check?

I 'v had some probs with my pana, some dirt removed, and then OK ..

hmm check battries too ?

700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk/
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,
Portuguese, ...
http://RADIOLANGUAGES.TK Updated every month or so ....

rad200 October 29th 08 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by user[_3_] (Post 652751)
rad200 wrote:

My RF-B65D has become non-functional. When I first power up the radio
everything is normal but after 30 seconds or so the receiving frequency
starts wondering around (like sweeping around the band). I think it is
happening for all bands although it is very obvious for FM (with known
strong stations around). I can't control the frequency via the buttons
or the knob. Has anyone experience this before or maybe can guide me on
what to check?

I 'v had some probs with my pana, some dirt removed, and then OK ..

hmm check battries too ?

700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk/
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,
Portuguese, ...
http://RADIOLANGUAGES.TK Updated every month or so ....

Thks for the advice.

Ok, I removed the back cover, re-insert some connectors, and put back the cover. Also vacuum some dust inside it. Problem gone. Tested the radio for the whole night ... great.