Old October 28th 08, 02:56 AM
Junior Member

Default National RF-B65D

My RF-B65D has become non-functional. When I first power up the radio everything is normal but after 30 seconds or so the receiving frequency starts wondering around (like sweeping around the band). I think it is happening for all bands although it is very obvious for FM (with known strong stations around). I can't control the frequency via the buttons or the knob. Has anyone experience this before or maybe can guide me on what to check?
Old October 28th 08, 10:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

rad200 wrote:

My RF-B65D has become non-functional. When I first power up the radio
everything is normal but after 30 seconds or so the receiving frequency
starts wondering around (like sweeping around the band). I think it is
happening for all bands although it is very obvious for FM (with known
strong stations around). I can't control the frequency via the buttons
or the knob. Has anyone experience this before or maybe can guide me on
what to check?

I 'v had some probs with my pana, some dirt removed, and then OK ..

hmm check battries too ?

700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk/
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,
Portuguese, ...
http://RADIOLANGUAGES.TK Updated every month or so ....

Old October 29th 08, 01:12 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by user[_3_] View Post
rad200 wrote:

My RF-B65D has become non-functional. When I first power up the radio
everything is normal but after 30 seconds or so the receiving frequency
starts wondering around (like sweeping around the band). I think it is
happening for all bands although it is very obvious for FM (with known
strong stations around). I can't control the frequency via the buttons
or the knob. Has anyone experience this before or maybe can guide me on
what to check?

I 'v had some probs with my pana, some dirt removed, and then OK ..

hmm check battries too ?

700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk/
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,
Portuguese, ...
http://RADIOLANGUAGES.TK Updated every month or so ....
Thks for the advice.

Ok, I removed the back cover, re-insert some connectors, and put back the cover. Also vacuum some dust inside it. Problem gone. Tested the radio for the whole night ... great.

WTB: National NC-183 Or NC-300 303 Rich Equipment 0 June 27th 05 11:45 PM
WTB: National NC-183 Or NC-300 303 Rich Boatanchors 0 June 27th 05 11:44 PM
FA: National KU4YP Swap 3 June 7th 05 03:33 AM
FA: National KU4YP Equipment 0 June 1st 05 03:27 AM
FA: NATIONAL NC-270 HAM RECEIVER - ONE THE LAST NATIONAL BUILT Biz WDØHCO Boatanchors 0 December 3rd 03 10:16 PM