Old November 6th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What's a mandate?

According to Bush, a 2% margin is a "mandate" complete with a stash of
"political capital" he intends to spend.

But according to the right-wing blather-dopes, a giant 6% margin isn't
a mandate, or if it is, it's not much of one.

This is why the Republican party is doomed. Can't examine their own
failures. Always busy affixing blame on someone else instead of
facing that they REPELLED MODERATES AWAY IN DROVES.

Moderate Republicans can win, even in liberal states. But social
conservatives will never win the White House again. We saw what a
disaster putting little people with small minds into a job too big for
them was, and happily, Bush et. al are on their way out for good.

Old November 6th 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 6, 4:55*am, wrote:
According to Bush, a 2% margin is a "mandate" complete with a stash of
"political capital" he intends to spend.

But according to the right-wing blather-dopes, a giant 6% margin isn't
a mandate, or if it is, it's not much of one.

This is why the Republican party is doomed. *Can't examine their own
failures. *Always busy affixing blame on someone else instead of
facing that they REPELLED MODERATES AWAY IN DROVES.

Moderate Republicans can win, even in liberal states. *But social
conservatives will never win the White House again. *We saw what a
disaster putting little people with small minds into a job too big for
them was, and happily, Bush et. al are on their way out for good.

Bush in 2004 claimed his narrow margin was a mandate. Was the
unstated part of the first sentence above.
Old November 6th 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
This is why the Republican party is doomed.

Only for the next 8 (or maybe 4, depending how things go) years. These
things always go back and forth. Short term memory?

Can't examine their own failures.

Yeah, just like Clinton. He still can't understand why he was impeached
for perjury. It was all someone else's fault.

Moderate Republicans can win, even in liberal states. But social
conservatives will never win the White House again. We saw what a
disaster putting little people with small minds into a job too big for
them was,

We saw that with Carter also, but he was so bad we got rid of him after only
4 years. Short term memory again?

and happily, Bush et. al are on their way out for good.

Yep. I don't think we have to worry about another Bush running for
President anytime soon. There IS another Bush, you know.

Old November 6th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 6, 5:13*am, "Bob Campbell" wrote:
wrote in message

This is why the Republican party is doomed.

Only for the next 8 (or maybe 4, depending how things go) years. * These
things always go back and forth. * Short term memory?

Can't examine their own failures.

Yeah, just like Clinton. * He still can't understand why he was impeached
for perjury. * It was all someone else's fault.

Moderate Republicans can win, even in liberal states. *But social
conservatives will never win the White House again. *We saw what a
disaster putting little people with small minds into a job too big for
them was,

We saw that with Carter also, but he was so bad we got rid of him after only
4 years. * Short term memory again?

and happily, Bush et. al are on their way out for good.

Yep. * *I don't think we have to worry about another Bush running f
President anytime soon. * There IS another Bush, you know.

Yeah, but Clinton left with almost 70% approval rating, and has
rehabilitated his image.
Bush, on the other hand, is leaving with a dismal public verdict of
his job in office. Only time will tell if he can rehabilitate *his*
image.

So it's kinda apples and oranges.

Jimmy Carter was incompetent, whereas Bush was incompetent,
deliberately manipulated the public with dishonesty and fraud, AND
said "f***k you" to the Constitution and the rule of law like no
President since Adams, if not ever.

So whereas Jimmy Carter was just kind of sad, Bush has actual evil to
answer for. The memory of Bush and his stench isn't going away any
time soon.