RadioBanter

-   -   Longwave beacon mystery (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/138833-longwave-beacon-mystery.html)

TonyC November 24th 08 05:39 AM

Longwave beacon mystery

I just heard beacon station OW on or about 377Khz. There is no OW that is
supposed to be at that frequency that I can find. I just started listening
to these recently so maybe there are resources that I am unaware of. I am
looking in the navaid database at worldaero.com and another (flightplan?).
Worldaero lists half a dozen OW stations. Around here (Denver CO area) I
hear lots of Canadians but OW in Ottawa is supposed to be at 236.

Maybe somebody here can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

[email protected] November 24th 08 10:39 AM

Longwave beacon mystery

On Nov 23, 9:39*pm, "TonyC" wrote:
I just heard beacon station OW on or about 377Khz. There is no OW that is
supposed to be at that frequency that I can find. I just started listening
to these recently so maybe there are resources that I am unaware of. I am
looking in the navaid database at worldaero.com and another (flightplan?)..
Worldaero lists half a dozen OW stations. Around here (Denver CO area) I
hear lots of Canadians but OW in Ottawa is supposed to be at 236.

Maybe somebody here can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Well I gave it a shot. I'm getting OT on 378 North Bend OR.

I think marker beacons are 2 digits, and often they are not in the
directories.

How about
377 OW Owatonna NDB
You can find it in old logs, but not current databases. However,
sometimes they drop the service but don't turn off the beacon.