Old November 24th 08, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Longwave beacon mystery

I just heard beacon station OW on or about 377Khz. There is no OW that is
supposed to be at that frequency that I can find. I just started listening
to these recently so maybe there are resources that I am unaware of. I am
looking in the navaid database at worldaero.com and another (flightplan?).
Worldaero lists half a dozen OW stations. Around here (Denver CO area) I
hear lots of Canadians but OW in Ottawa is supposed to be at 236.

Maybe somebody here can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Old November 24th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 23, 9:39*pm, "TonyC" wrote:
I just heard beacon station OW on or about 377Khz. There is no OW that is
supposed to be at that frequency that I can find. I just started listening
to these recently so maybe there are resources that I am unaware of. I am
looking in the navaid database at worldaero.com and another (flightplan?)..
Worldaero lists half a dozen OW stations. Around here (Denver CO area) I
hear lots of Canadians but OW in Ottawa is supposed to be at 236.

Maybe somebody here can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Well I gave it a shot. I'm getting OT on 378 North Bend OR.

I think marker beacons are 2 digits, and often they are not in the
directories.

How about
377 OW Owatonna NDB
You can find it in old logs, but not current databases. However,
sometimes they drop the service but don't turn off the beacon.

250 khz longwave broadcast john Shortwave 3 December 20th 07 09:39 PM
longwave tonight Jim Shaffer Shortwave 1 December 3rd 07 06:17 AM
RFI on longwave Jim Shaffer Shortwave 3 January 10th 07 01:22 PM
Longwave under water ??? Michael Shortwave 3 May 28th 04 10:55 AM
Longwave-transmitter Roy Sandgren Swap 0 September 26th 03 06:00 PM