Old December 6th 08, 08:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AM Dxing - 12/6/08 0145-300est

Using the Grundig G6 on a 50 foot wire antenna going up to my tree.

12/6/08 0147am-0300am Home location: Leesville, SC
539 - LYQ morse beacon - spanish station in background
700 - WLW Cincinnati OH - Truckers network (410 miles)
750 - WSB Atlanta GA - real strong, didn't interfere with 760
(157miles)
760 - WJR Detroit, MI - Truckers network (577miles)
780 - WBBM Chicago, IL - news radio (660 miles)
820 - WBAP Dallas, TX - Truckers network (907miles)
840 - WHAS Louisville, KY - talk radio (370miles)
870 - WWL New Orleans, LA - talking about God and giving Dave Ramsey
(578miles)
890 - WLS Chicago, IL - (630 miles)
1000-WMVP Chicago IL - ESPN radio (649 miles)
1120- KMOX St Louis MO - my first K-station, talking about guns
(578miles)
1200-WOAI San Antonio TX - weak but caught the ident.... Coast to
Coast, Dallas Cowboys commercial (1021 miles)
1410 - WIQR Prattville AL - playing high school football game replay
(302 miles)
this station only puts out 1000 watts at night.
1430 - WBLR Batesburg-Leesville, SC - spanish music (1 mile) it's our
local station
1510 - WLAC Nashville, TN - talk format (337 miles)
1530 - WCKY Cincinnati OH - Brother Stair polluting the airwave with
his cult (394 miles)
1620 - WNRP Pensacola, FL - weak signal news, only 1000watts (411
miles)
1690 - WMLB Atlanta, GA - "voice of the arts", playing folk music,
only 1000 watts (177 miles)

I noticed the X bands had lower power, probably easier to get due to
the lack of other competiting stations. WIQR though was a real
surprise considering the dozens of low power 1410 stations out there
it had to skip to me.

Now this is weird, I could not get 880 WCBS out of New York with the
long antenna... so I pulled it out, and WCBS appears weakly.... In
fact, wasn't getting anything from the Northeastern US tonight. The
wire antenna must be very directional for AM reception
Old December 6th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 6, 3:08*am, wrote:
[...]

Here in the Nati' at 1215UTC I copied everything on your list except
1410 and 1430. I couldn't believe I copied the station from Pensacola.
These were received on my modded DX394 hooked to my Alpha Delta DX
sloper roughly 45- 53 ft. in the air. I never copied Pensacola before
from my QTH. I couldn't copy it with the modded add on switch on wide
- but on the narrow filter I got it. Maybe I switch to the Hammarlund
tomorrow morning with my loop and see what I can grab. You said you
couldn't get 880 with the long antenna? So you pulled it out? Unless I
am missing something, that is just for you FM/Shortwave receiving - it
has no bearing on AM.

Messageboards,,, A Good Read............dxing.info/community...............dxing.info/community http://www.lookaboutusa.com/ Shortwave 1 January 18th 07 09:02 PM
AM dxing PalmaG72 Dx 0 November 27th 04 04:46 PM
MW AM DXing [email protected] Scanner 4 January 27th 04 08:56 AM
Need HF rig for first try at DXing Greg Courville General 4 August 20th 03 03:29 PM
Need HF rig for first try at DXing Greg Courville General 0 August 20th 03 08:40 AM