Old December 19th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo - more FMs than AMs going dark!

When are the simple-minded idiots who are running commercial radio going to
figure it out that they are competing against a lot more now than just other
radio stations. With two or three conglomerates owning most radio in this
country and the fact that they are all programmed identically with the same
moth-eaten playlist of 50 tunes makes radio a last choice. If the owners of
the stations and the FCC would get back to basics...local
programming...they'd find their audience AND ADVERTISING REVENUES explode.
Where we live we can only receive a relatively few stations (compared to the
"Big City") but even so, of the handful of AMs and the fist full of FMs we
do receive there are 6 stations...SIX!!!...all airing the same ESPN Radio
satellite feed. What a joke. Who listens? We never turn on a radio anymore
because there is nothing there. It's the fault of the FCC and the station
owners who are reaping now what they have sown.

Old December 20th 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"SX-25" wrote in message
m...
When are the simple-minded idiots who are running commercial radio going
to figure it out that they are competing against a lot more now than just
other radio stations. With two or three conglomerates owning most radio in
this country and the fact that they are all programmed identically with
the same moth-eaten playlist of 50 tunes makes radio a last choice.

The top 3 groups, combined, own less than 10% of all radio stations in the
US.

There is vastly more format diversity than in the 50's and 60's and the days
of limited ownership.

If the owners of the stations and the FCC would get back to basics...local
programming...

People never ask for local programming. they ask for good and entertaining
programming. Remember, radios first several decades was based almost totally
on network national programming.

Old December 20th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"SX-25" wrote in message
m...
[...]

You are delusional.
Old December 20th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
David Eduardo wrote:

"SX-25" wrote in message
m...
[...]

In tens of thousands of interviews with regular radio listeners all over the
country, I've never seen an interest in anything local save weather during
extreme conditions and the traffic reports. The overwhelming and
overpowering interest is in "listening to something I like" which means
good, entertaining programming. Nobody really cares where the studio is as
long as a show or whole format is appealing to a group of listeners.

And, of course, the early days of radio were based on non-local programming,
as is most TV viewed today.

Old December 20th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
In tens of thousands of interviews with regular radio listeners all over
the country, I've never seen an interest in anything local save weather
during extreme conditions and the traffic reports.

I would add that there is a market for local sports talk, but only in
markets where there is a major sports franchise to talk about (NFL,
Baseball, etc.).

Agreed on everything else.

Old December 20th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

You are delusional.

In tens of thousands of interviews with regular radio listeners all over
the country, I've never seen an interest in anything local save weather
during extreme conditions and the traffic reports. The overwhelming and
overpowering interest is in "listening to something I like" which means
good, entertaining programming. Nobody really cares where the studio is
as long as a show or whole format is appealing to a group of listeners.

Show? The only "shows" are the morning zoos. You and your ilk are
incapable of properly running a radio station. Your audience has no
idea what good radio is.
Old December 20th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

You are delusional.

In tens of thousands of interviews with regular radio listeners all over
the country, I've never seen an interest in anything local save weather
during extreme conditions and the traffic reports. The overwhelming and
overpowering interest is in "listening to something I like" which means
good, entertaining programming. Nobody really cares where the studio is
as long as a show or whole format is appealing to a group of listeners.

Show? The only "shows" are the morning zoos. You and your ilk are
incapable of properly running a radio station.

Running? Heck, 'Eduardo' has actually claimed to have OWNED radio stations!

Amazing!

Old December 20th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

You are delusional.

In tens of thousands of interviews with regular radio listeners all
over
the country, I've never seen an interest in anything local save weather
during extreme conditions and the traffic reports. The overwhelming and
overpowering interest is in "listening to something I like" which means
good, entertaining programming. Nobody really cares where the studio is
as long as a show or whole format is appealing to a group of listeners.

Show? The only "shows" are the morning zoos. You and your ilk are
incapable of properly running a radio station.

Running? Heck, 'Eduardo' has actually claimed to have OWNED radio
stations!

Which, to all but the terminally insane and jealous like you, is the factual
truth, easily verified.

Old December 20th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

You are delusional.

In tens of thousands of interviews with regular radio listeners all
over
the country, I've never seen an interest in anything local save weather
during extreme conditions and the traffic reports. The overwhelming and
overpowering interest is in "listening to something I like" which means
good, entertaining programming. Nobody really cares where the studio is
as long as a show or whole format is appealing to a group of listeners.

Show? The only "shows" are the morning zoos. You and your ilk are
incapable of properly running a radio station.

Running? Heck, 'Eduardo' has actually claimed to have OWNED radio
stations!

Which, to all but the terminally insane and jealous like you, is the factual
truth, easily verified.

Hogwash, you owned not a one.

Old December 20th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

You are delusional.

In tens of thousands of interviews with regular radio listeners all
over
the country, I've never seen an interest in anything local save weather
during extreme conditions and the traffic reports. The overwhelming and
overpowering interest is in "listening to something I like" which means
good, entertaining programming. Nobody really cares where the studio is
as long as a show or whole format is appealing to a group of listeners.

Show? The only "shows" are the morning zoos. You and your ilk are
incapable of properly running a radio station.

Running? Heck, 'Eduardo' has actually claimed to have OWNED radio
stations!

Which, to all but the terminally insane and jealous like you, is the factual
truth, easily verified.

Hogwash, you owned not a one.

Heck, you even lied about having an amateur radio license.

Boggling!

Eduardo - more FMs than AMs going dark! norml Shortwave 0 December 18th 08 06:21 PM
Eduardo - more FMs than AMs going dark! David Eduardo[_4_] Shortwave 0 December 18th 08 07:06 AM
Mark in the Dark Slow Code General 0 October 22nd 06 12:33 AM
Mark in the Dark Slow Code Policy 0 October 22nd 06 12:33 AM
Dark Matter Maximus Shortwave 4 March 16th 04 02:16 AM